Burning stops at closing disc 0% I need help asap

Kevo

I usually have no problems trying to burning any games using imgburn with Memorex DL disks. (I bought them because they were $30 cheaper for 5 more disks on sale than verbatim) Anywho, I usually have no problems. I didn't have any disks for a couple weeks.. but I go buy some today. I come back.. start to write the disc. It stalls out at the Closing Track step. It stays at 0%. I end up restarting my computer because nothing will stop the program. (I told it to close, walked away for twenty minutes and came back..)

I tried again. Switched it to debug mode after 35 minutes of it sitting at the closing track step.

This is what I got.

Please help me.

I 03:32:43 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 03:32:43 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 03:32:43 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,040 KB - Available: 1,298,596 KB

I 03:32:43 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:32:43 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:32:43 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

(I bought them because they were $30 cheaper for 5 more disks on sale than verbatim)

You get what you pay for. Verbatim blanks are more expensive because their quality is higher and they work when others fail.

A firmware update could add a better strategy for writing the blanks you have, but your burner is an OEM model and doesn't seem to have any firmware updates available. If you feel adventurous, you could try and crossflash your burner to a Samsung SH-W162L (which is its real model). But you can also avoid all this hassle by using Verbatim blanks ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.