what so special?

vikyboss

Going back to the question...

One thing I like about Imgburn - other than I have a coaster free life - is its compatibility.

A disc burned with Imgburn will play on other drives and standalones.

I remember the old days of burns which wouldn't play even on the burner which burned them. My sons laptop can't even verify a recovery disc it just burned...

Downloaded and installed ok.

As seen from the screen shot on dontas link its mainly a CD authoring tool coming with Lame and other audio tools preloaded.

I burned a Video Dvd to a verb +RW just to see what it was like. Used an RW as I didn't want to waste a disc and it wanted to format it - nobody likes any other progs format.

It doesn't burn Dvd Iso's so far as I could see.

Playback of the Video Dvd wasn't very good with lots of freezing/blocking - more so than RW usually has.

Don't think this is comparing like with like - this is mainly a CD authoring tool.

Not a real test - just a quick look out of curiosity...

IMG has a better menu set up! GUI is an important standard these days and it makes or breaks software. IMG has way more features and all of the logs are very helpful.

Just a thought...sites that rely on screenshots to show their programs in action seem cheap and often are trial versions or install other unwanted tid-bits.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.