Point me in the right direction

BfromSac

Hey guys ... I have always used DVD decrypter and just recently saw ImgBurn so I DLed it right away. I have never really had any problems burning anything before ... I don't know if it's because I have Vista 64x now or what. The problem I am having is that it's burning fine and saying complete ... but it's almost as if it is not finalizing the DVD since it will only play on a my computer drive and none of my standalone DVD players. Here is a copy of my log if someone could take a quick look and point me in the right direction.

I 01:06:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 01:06:06 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 01:06:06 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,552 KB - Available: 1,020,412 KB

W 01:06:06 Drive K:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 01:06:06 Initialising SPTI...

I 01:06:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 01:06:06 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I 01:06:32 Write Speed: 2x

You are choosing 2X as your write speed, but...

I 01:16:46 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD+R) (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

The discs aren't meant to burned that slow...

I 01:16:36 Average Write Rate: 8,075 KB/s (5.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 8,402 KB/s (6.1x)

and the discs were burned at the lowest rated speed. I would try 8X at the minimum.

I 01:16:35 Finalizing Disc...

No warnings or errors in your log indicate that the image did not finalize. Try Booktyping with your drive and +R media to see if that fixes the compatibility problems.

Loco I already tried that ... I clicked on the Lite-on tab and tried to change the booktype to Dvd+R Media but it says: failed no additional sense information

It has my current setting as Dvd+R and the only thing it will allow me to change it to from the drop down menu is DVD+RW media.

When I go to new setting below that where the options are Normal, Dvd-Rom, Dvd+RW I get the same message no matter which I choose

Did you select 'Drive (For +R Media)' or 'Drive (For +R Media EEPROM!)? The later one is if you want to change it forever and the first one will only apply until your restart the computer. Or do you get the error as soon as you select one of those? If you have more than one writer installed - check that the right one is selected first in the 'Write mode' window, before you use the 'Change Book Type' function.

book02.png

Selected 'DVD-ROM' in this one?

book03.png

:)

Cynthia I only have one drive installed & I get that message no matter which is choose. Thanks for your ideas and help. I am wondering if switching to Vista 64 has something to do with this ... because when I had 32 ultimate I did not have any problems burning (although I was using the old DVD dycrytper which didn't work either after moving to 64x)

I will also note that I was using Fuji discs ... I have since tried memorex and now sony. Those are the two variables that have changed since I have not been able to get my discs to finalize properly for use on my standalone.

I will check out the link above though and see if I find anything to help there

So according to Loco I should select the Lite-On from the drop down (since I have an HP) when manually changing it with the advanced key? Then I am typing the name listed for my drive from the main program window ... correct me if I am not understanding that.

Edited by BfromSac

If the options on the liteon tab won't work now, there's something in one of your drivers preventing them from working.

As they aren't working manually, there's no point in adding to the OEM 'Advanced' page as that still won't get away from the fact that the commands don't work.

I'm not sure there will be anything you *can* do. :(

Find out which controller the drive is connected to and then visit the appropriate website to find the latest chipset / controller drivers available for it.

I got it figured out ... thank you everyone for your help ... apparently there has been quite a few issues with this HP burner. I thought I had downloaded all the nessacary controller drivers and updates ... but I must of forgot to install one of them. Anyhow thanks again for getting me going in the right direction and thanks for the best burning software ever ... I have been a loyal user since the start.

Bryan

• 1 year later...
I'm not sure there will be anything you *can* do. :(

Find out which controller the drive is connected to and then visit the appropriate website to find the latest chipset / controller drivers available for it.

I got it figured out ... thank you everyone for your help ... apparently there has been quite a few issues with this HP burner. I thought I had downloaded all the nessacary controller drivers and updates ... but I must of forgot to install one of them. Anyhow thanks again for getting me going in the right direction and thanks for the best burning software ever ... I have been a loyal user since the start.

Bryan

I have the same problem you did, I've tried most of the things you have. I don't know what you did to fix it exactly. Could you explain in more detail? Cause I'm lost in the sauce and pissed off that I can't figure this out.