Black and White screen flashing when i put the DVD in the dvd player

coronaextra

50% of the time i have no problem with burning DVD's using imgburn but the other 50% the dvd still burns but the screen is flashing the menu in black and white when i put the dvd in the player but if i put the same dvd in the computor i have no problems playing it....if anyone knows why this could be happening i would greatly appreciate it

50% of the time i have no problem with burning DVD's using imgburn but the other 50% the dvd still burns but the screen is flashing the menu in black and white when i put the dvd in the player but if i put the same dvd in the computor i have no problems playing it....if anyone knows why this could be happening i would greatly appreciate it

I hope this is what you asked for, as this is all new to me including imgburn but thank you for whatever help you can provide

ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 - Log

; Friday, 28 March 2008, 10:14:46

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 09:08:31 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 09:08:31 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 09:08:31 Total Physical Memory: 522,032 KB - Available: 207,696 KB

I 09:08:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:08:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:08:32 Found 1 DVD

I 09:08:31 Total Physical Memory: 522,032 KB - Available: 207,696 KB
W 09:13:17 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 09:13:30 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

Don't multitask during burns to increase your success rate.

I 09:10:22 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: ProdiscF02) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x)

Use quality media from Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden only.

I 09:10:22 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.11 (D:) (ATA)

Not only are you using a dated burner, but your firmware is as old as the hills, current version is 1.41 from here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2140

Turn of the verify feature and try to determine whether your movie is in PAL or NTSC format and what you need based on where you live.

i am in canada so im assuming that im in a ntsc country but that is news to me i had no idea there was a diff of the file your supposed to download depending on where you live so should i only be downloading NTSC and is PAL the reason why the movie comes up flashing black and white after i burn it???????

and yes i will stop multitasking while burning its just i never burned a dvd till 2 weeks ago so i thought it wouldnt affect the burn just the time it took to complete it

Use quality media from Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden only.

I'm not sure what you mean by this i've never heard of either....sorry

and im about to update my firmware even though i dont know what that is--my best guess is its the burning software but again im not sure

so I appreciate any more help that can be provided thank you

What donta is talking about is this:

I 09:10:21 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\the.last.mimzy.pal.iso

And you live in Canada, where the standard is NTSC. You obtained this ISO from a friend or a download or something, cos it was not produced commercially. See below.

I 09:10:22 Source File Application Identifier: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD CD-R/DVD CREATOR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.