Resetting Book Type ? (registry fix ?)

Soyuz

Hello,

I am having a weird problem and not sure if its related to Imgburn but I think it is.

I had been playing with the Book Type settings option in Imgburn (set DVD+RW to DVD-ROM)

A few day's later when I want to erase a CD-RW or a DVD+RW my Burn program say's it is not a rewritable DVD or CD :(

(I tried in both Nero 7, Nero 8 and CDBurnXP)

When I check my Media in Imgburn it say's it is a DVD-ROM (when it is in fact a DVD+RW)

Imgburn will start to erase this media, but it actualy does not get errased :(

Setting the book type back to normal DVD+RW in imgburn does not fix my problem,

I have tried 3 different DVDRW drive's (all Lite-On) and they all have the same problem (one IDE model, two SATA model's)

Uninstalling Imgburn dit also not fix my problem (uninstalling and reinstalling Nero also dit not)

My question is ,

Is there a way I can completely reset any change's to booktype's that where made ?

Can someone maybey point me to all the registry settings I have to change back ?

When I go erase my DVD+RW or CD-RW's on another PC I can burn them just fine on this PC that keeps thinking they are CD-R or DVD-R's :( :(

Please help me and tell me what this noob dit wrong :)

Hans

have you got alcohol 120 installed if so disable it and try again / anydvd disable it / dvd43 disable it/ not sure about daemon tools but disable anything else you can think of.

Ah, thanks for the tip,

I have Daemon Tools and DVDFab installed on that PC, ill see if that helps,

I am sure the problem only started after playing with the book type settings in IMGburn tho :)

Ill post here if it helps (im not where that pc is now)

Hans

have you got alcohol 120 installed if so disable it and try again / anydvd disable it / dvd43 disable it/ not sure about daemon tools but disable anything else you can think of.

Thanks for the tip,

I have Daemon Tools and DVDFab installed on that PC, I will test it out when I am home again,

ill post here if it helps (alto im sure the problem started ones I started playing with the booktype settings in IMGburn)

Thank you,

Hans

• 1 month later...

I am new to this group but I am having the same problem. I am using ImgBurn 2.4.1.0. I selected the button to change book type. I thought it would be only for +R and +RW to be read as -ROM so my DVD player would play the format. Well, it also changed my -RW to -ROM and now they won't record again. I have read through the post and I see that this is not a problem that is limited to myself. At first I thought that ImgBurn chaned or added something to the firmware of my Pioneer DVR 115D so I updated the firmwire. The problem persisted. Like another user I had a stack of -RW and +RW that won't erase and will only read as -ROM.

I do not have Alcohle or any of the other programs that have been referred to as likely problems. I have tried going into the program and trying to discontinue the option of booktype setting change, no luck.

I finally rolled my entire system back 15 days to before I selected the "change bookype" setting and all is right again.

Now for my problem/question.

I would like to be able to set SOME burns to -ROM but I do not want to have ALL of my -RW disk rendered useless. Can you tell me how to do this or if this is possible with your software. I would think that I am an incidential occurance but there are too many other users with the same problem. Also, I was able to fix the problem when I rolled back my system to before I made the "change booktype" selection.

Can you make a suggestion?

I am using Win XP pro with 2 Pioneer DVR 115D DVD drives along with ImgBurn 2.4.1.0.

Only +R media can be bitset/booktyped: if you couldn't erase your RW discs of both + and - formats then your burner (or some software inbetween) was reporting 'Profile: DVD-ROM' (you can see this at the top of the information section on the right side of ImgBurn). Booktype is reported in the 'Physical Information (Last Recorded)' section at the end of the information text.

By the way, Pioneer burners with official/standard firmware automatically booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM. DVD+R/DVD+RW are left untouched. This is done by the drive itself and can't be controlled by ImgBurn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.