MPEG2 Audio Problems

PRR

I have an MPEG2 video file that I am trying to burn onto a DVD and show on a regular DVD player with a TV. The file itself has audio (it plays just fine on my laptop), but at some point when burning it onto a DVD, something happens, b/c I can't seem to get audio on the file that is burned. When I play it on a dvd player with a tv, I get the video just fine, but no audio. Is there a special setting I need to check?

What is the file - I mean, is it in standard DVD format (VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_x.VOB etc), or just an xxxxxx.mpg? If so, most players won't play unless converted to standard DVD format. For this, try DVD Flick or SUPER.

And if you suspect the burn is bad, please post the log.

Regards

What is the file - I mean, is it in standard DVD format (VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_x.VOB etc), or just an xxxxxx.mpg? If so, most players won't play unless converted to standard DVD format. For this, try DVD Flick or SUPER.

And if you suspect the burn is bad, please post the log.

Regards

Not too sure which it is. The product of the conversion (I convert it from MP4) is a folder called DVD_NTSC, which has the mpg in it. It is a single file, and not what I see when I've coverted VHS to DVD, with the myriad of files.

So take it and convert it to DVD format. Best to start with the MP4 source material and convert directly to DVD.

The other thing you can try is to demux the mpg and remux it with muxman.

Regards

So take it and convert it to DVD format. Best to start with the MP4 source material and convert directly to DVD.

The other thing you can try is to demux the mpg and remux it with muxman.

Regards

OK now I'm confused (actually, it was before this point, but we don't need to go there)---I earlier tried converting it to AVI, but it didn't work. I always thought AVI or WMV was the dvd format. If mpeg2 isn't the standard dvd format (that plays in dvd players)-what is?

DVD format requires IFO, BUP and VOB files (the latter are a subset of MPEG2 spec, the IFOs are navigation and information files and BUPs are copies of the IFOs).

A player requires files in DVD format - take a DVD from your collection and look at it in Wiondows Explorer. It is not just 1 single MPG file. And it certainly is not a WMV or AVI.

Demux your mpg with either AVIDemux or VirtualDub MPEG-2 and remux it with Muxman. Muxman will create all the necessary navigation and info files, along with a VOB. These will play in a standalone player.

EDIT: For simplicity's sake, you might care to use SUPER. Depending on the source, it does a reasonable job.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.