Layer break position

grego137

How come i have no choice when it come to selecting where the layer break takes place. there is only 1 item on my list to choose from. it's near 54/46,,,,,,,,,,,,,no big deal I can live with it , just curious.

when played back, is it normal to pause at this position for 1 sec. or is there a way to clean it up.

should I try seemless? how well does that work? is it reliable?

I will be handing many of my movies out to various people with various players, would I be taking a chance (of a hang up) if I went with seemless?

thank you.

This is a terrific product!

I would try seamless and see if the pause disappears.

I will be handing many of my movies out to various people with various players

What do you mean by handing out?

Are you burning an image or a video_ts folder?

You're more likely to get multiple options when burning a video_ts folder in Build mode than you are when burning an ISO in Write mode.

Yes the layer break often means there's a pause in playback... that's what marking the cell as 'seamless' helps prevent.

It really is your call as to whether you should take the seamless route or not. As all the superbit dvds are marked as seamless by default I'd say 'go for it'.

What do you mean by handing out?

when done this DVD is a gift to many family members.

and I think I remember reading if you go seemless make sure it will play in your player. If I do a burn and it plays in my player without hang up, does that mean it will work flawlessly where ever its played?

It is an ISO Image burn

thanks

Edited by grego137

does that mean it will work flawlessly where ever its played?

Nope...just means it will play seamlessly in machines that use the same same system to handle layer breaks as yours does ;)

whats the worst thing that can happen. if I do the seamless and it is played in a machine that isnt up to date or doesnt support it?

and what are we talking about here.................older dvd players

sorry about so many questions, just learning here.

Learning is cool, no problem. The worst that can happen is a glitch and maybe it skips, pauses or fails to move on to the next track. If I'm burning for my machines, I use seamless, if for some others, I set a layer break and forget about it. :thumbup:

Learning is cool, no problem. The worst that can happen is a glitch and maybe it skips, pauses or fails to move on to the next track. If I'm burning for my machines, I use seamless, if for some others, I set a layer break and forget about it. :thumbup:

So if i just set a layer break (and live with the 1/2 second layer switch), and forget about the seamless option, it will have a much better chance of playing everywhere it is played without the chance of a hang up/freeze.

again im burning 40 copies of this movie to give to family members, and who knows what they'll be playing it on.

thank you very much!

Use Daemon Tools to mount your ISO image to a virtual drive, then follow this guide: use the VIDEO_TS folder of your virtual drive as the source. Doing this way you'll have a list of all the possible layerbreaks, which you can preview and use the one where a small pause will be less noticeable ;)

ok will do, but i think i need help.

I just went to the Daemon link and wasnt sure what to click on / open/ or download

thank you

Look over by the clock in the system tray, you should see a little icon with lightning through it.

Left click it and click the entry that says 'No Media' (or something like it).

That's the virtual drive.

You'll then get a browse box pop up, select your ISO and click ok.

The virtual drive will be visible in 'My Computer' (and other programs) as a normal cd/dvd drive.

Look over by the clock in the system tray, you should see a little icon with lightning through it.

Left click it and click the entry that says 'No Media' (or something like it).

That's the virtual drive.

You'll then get a browse box pop up, select your ISO and click ok.

The virtual drive will be visible in 'My Computer' (and other programs) as a normal cd/dvd drive.

ok did all that.

Update;

went back out to 'build mode'

but not sure how to find the folder in the virtual drive to attach it.

what and where to search?

thanks.

???????

UPDATE UPDATE:

found it, attached it

and preparing for burn, it is giving me 12 choices for layer break, however all 12 are in the 'Average ' catagory

is there a way by looking at some of those specs/numbers/locations listed to pick the best loaction for the layer break.

thank you!

Edited by grego137

Try for as near to a 50/50 split as possible with the least padding.

Use the 'Preview' so you can actually see what you're looking at.

Read the double layer burning guide if you need more help with the previewer - or search the forum, the questions have been answered before.

Try for as near to a 50/50 split as possible with the least padding.

Use the 'Preview' so you can actually see what you're looking at.

Read the double layer burning guide if you need more help with the previewer - or search the forum, the questions have been answered before.

These are the best ones I have to choose from, which would you suggest.

padding -------------- %

77871 ................... 50/50

12618 ................... 50/50

00009 ....................51/49

00001 .................. 52/48

00010 .................... 52/48

00010 ......................52/48

00010 ................ 53/47

00001 .................... 53/47

Edited by grego137

They're all close to 50/50 so just pick any of them... it really doesn't make THAT much of a difference!

If you happen to have a scene change on one of them then I'd go for that one, but being a home movie, I doubt there will be.

WORKS FLAWLESSLY

GREAT PRODUCT!

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVISE AND SUPPORT!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.