Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)

kamyogi

Hello,

I've just installed ImgBurn 2.4.1.0 on my Windows XP. In order to write some movies (in different formats) at a time from my PC to a rewritable DVD, I chose 'Write files/folders to disc' option from the opening wizard. It erased old datas first (which is normal) but then it could not write new files I provided, saying at the bottom something like 'Device Buffer Not Found' (I am not sure of the exact message). I could only 'Cancel' pressing the red button. Naturally, nothing is written on the DVD.

Now, when I try with any option from the initial menu 'Write Image File To Disc', 'Write Files/Folders to Disc' or any other, I get this message "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)" and the 'Write' button is grayed out. In short, I can't do anything with it.

Can anyone please tell me whats wrong?

And also, to write multiple files with different formats in just one time, should I choose 'Write Image file to disc' or 'Write Files /Folders to Disc'?

Thankyou.

As they're not an image file you want the 'write files/folders' option.

The exact error message is VERY important, there are far too many to just guess at it.

If the drive has a disc in it and yet it still says 'Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)' in the statusbar it means the drive doesn't like the discs you're using and cannot initialise them properly.

Try just ejecting and reinserting it.

Double checking the obvious though, you do have the correct drive selected in the drop down box yeah? Just in case you have multiple drives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.