IMGBurn makes Comodo Defense+ go crazy?

mfruit

Hi,

I just upgraded to IMGBurn 2.4.1.0 and once I launched it, my firewall went nuts. It appears that the IMGBurn is trying to access other processes in memory. And according to the firewall, "allow the parent application (IMGBurn) to fully control the target application". This went on for every single running process, including security apps like SpySweeper.

Why does the newer version of IMGBurn need to do it? The older version that I was running did not pop up any such warnings.

Thanks.

ImgBurn, by default, checks for the presence of programs that may interfere with the burn/verification process, and maybe this check is what's triggering your firewall safety. Rest assured, ImgBurn isn't trying to control your programs :)

After ImgBurn is open, go to Tools/Settings, untick the 'Interfering Programs' option under the Display Warnings section and click OK. Close ImgBurn then open it again and see if you get those messages.

ImgBurn, by default, checks for the presence of programs that may interfere with the burn/verification process, and maybe this check is what's triggering your firewall safety. Rest assured, ImgBurn isn't trying to control your programs :)

After ImgBurn is open, go to Tools/Settings, untick the 'Interfering Programs' option under the Display Warnings section and click OK. Close ImgBurn then open it again and see if you get those messages.

Ah, that was it. I unset the "Interfering Programs" option and Comodo didn't pop up any more warnings after that.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by mfruit

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.