Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

Fillenfillen

Hello, i got the newest version of imgburn and when burning wii games into dvd-r cds.

I got errors from 2 burns

it said: 14:50:56 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

any1 know what this is all about and is it fixable?

thanks for help!

i cant actually in the burn log it's all empty no files what so ever :mellow:

Close ImgBurn then re-open it and the log should be there :)

ah right here it is. i hope this want be called as a spam cause i copied the whole log now of the burn that failed. i hope u got all u need to solve or at least explain the problem for me :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 14:39:05 Source File: D:\FILMER\Iron Man.iso

I 14:39:05 Source File Sectors: 2

Edited by Fillenfillen

Try burning at 4x and see if it works. You'd have better results with higher quality media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks.

k i will try that. thanks for extremly fast support! just ran out of dvds but will try as soon as i bought new, if the problem show up i will write again, otherwise thanks for help :thumbup::thumbup:

really impressive how i got answer 3min after i posted the topic

You could maybe crossflash to benq1620 with bqflasher and the latest firmware for 1620 which is B7W9. This may be a way to get your drive to recognise more media with proper write speeds.

Sounds way out of my hands. if u want me to do that i need help each step from beggining to end before i get it sorry

http://rapidshare.com/files/117515997/flash2benq1620.rar

download above, extract it to folder, take any disc out of your Philip's drive and close tray.

Run bqflasher and select your drive at top then load in firmware b7w9 then when you make sure you have selected right drive from top press the flash button and do not switch off or open drive until it says completed etc. Once it says finished reboot your PC.

At your own risk

Or buy a new dvd writer as yours is getting on a bit now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.