Burn stops 20-30%, both image and file burns (printscreen inside)

samov

My drive:

HLDS GMA-4082N Dvd-RW

Box: HP 8510p laptop 4gb ram.

Recently ImgBurn has started to produce a lot of bad burns. At first i thought it was the drive, i changed it's firmware. Same thing. Started using Nero burning rom, same drive same media... nero burns ok.

I think is has something to do with writing and using processor intesive tasks at the same time. I was modeling in 3ds max while burning, nero had no problem with it...

Imgburn version 2.4.1.0... i had an older version until just recently ... 2.3.6 i think... and it never did this.

here is the printscreen:

post-12480-1212741169_thumb.jpg

Edited by samov

Well, i checked the folder where the logs are supposed to be... they weren't there. I remember i tried to install the older version to see it it gave me the same error... so they must have been deleted on uninstall.

THIS is a log of a dvd i burned the same way.... well... as you can imagine... it did not crap out... :(

I 11:34:20 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 11:34:20 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:34:20 Total Physical Memory: 4,127,064 KB - Available: 2,069,672 KB

I 11:34:20 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:34:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:34:20 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Well, 'medium not present' means that the drive thinks there's no disc in the drive.

It wouldn't say that unless something had gone very wrong and the drive had reset itself or something (or you'd manually removed the media!)

As soon as you get it to error out, post that complete log.

I'd advise you to verify the burns too as part of the write process.

Ok. I'll keep you posted on the errors. I just burned 8 dvd's one after the other with nero, and it all went perfect.

Might i point out that the caching system in imgburn is very sensitive. it seems to be using the c: driver for some kind of buffer. i've encountered 3-4 situations where i was copying stuff from c: while writing and imgburn decided to stall and wait for the hdd to recover.

I WILL post a full report of at the sign of any trouble.

Well, 'medium not present' means that the drive thinks there's no disc in the drive.

It wouldn't say that unless something had gone very wrong and the drive had reset itself or something (or you'd manually removed the media!)

As soon as you get it to error out, post that complete log.

I'd advise you to verify the burns too as part of the write process.

The buffer should be in memory, but if the system is running low then the OS could be using the pagefile more than usual I guess.

The caching system is very simple, it's just X megabytes of space that the 'read' thread tries to shove data into as quickly as possible.

If the buffer empties out then it means the 'read' thread can't get the image file or whatever off the hdd quickly enough.... that really is out of ImgBurn's hands.

i'm only posting here because the problem is isolated to imgburn... i have no problem with other writing software. I love imgburn and i would like to participate in making it better thus the time "wasted" in posting and describing the problem.

PS. You really should make your signature smaller... it's bigger than the post itself.

Build another computer if you want to use a Pc whilst burning. Or just be patient.
Edited by samov

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.