dvd won't play in player

point.vector

I currently have two burners in my system. One is a Samsung sh203b, and the other is a lite-on lh20a1h. My lite-on burns fantastic, but the disks it burns will not play on a computer at my job. I am using Imgburn, the latest one, for all my burns. All my firmware is the most up to date. I used dvd info pro, but the only difference is something about snowy mountain or something like that. Other than that, they are identical. I am using Taiyo Yuden 16x discs for all my burns.

Please help!

This is ALL the computers at work. They're all Dells. Yes I verify. It works in all the players at my home. I have 5. If I burn using the other burner on my computer, it works at my job. AND YES IM SURE IT CAN READ DVDS. I just said If I burned it using my other burner it works. And the one that doesn't work, it cannot see the disc in the drive at all. But like I said before, the broken dvd, still works in the player at my house.

I know it has something to do with something one burner can do and not the other, but I don't know what.

Edited by point.vector

Lightning UK,

Thank You for responding; you are the person I've been trying to get in contact with for months on DOOM9, to my demise. Your opinion I hold in utmost regards. Thank You again!

Here is the burn+verify log

The only thing that DVDinfopro logged as different in my burners was the Mr. Rainier Read and Write, but I don't know what this would pertain to.

\This is the burner that works at my job, and also at my home.

I 02:14:40 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 02:14:40 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 02:14:40 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,580 KB - Available: 1,229,676 KB

I 02:14:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 02:14:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 02:14:40 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 2 DVD

They both burnt and verified fine and both booktyped to DVD-ROM... so it's a bit weird that one works and the other one doesn't.

Scan both discs via the PIPO function in DVDInfoPro (using the same drive - probably the liteon) and post those screenshots for us please.

Your firmware is LL0C. On the Lite-On page the latest is LLOD.

I have the Lite-On DH20A3H. I've installed one of the latest beta firmwares and it resulted in that my stand alone player could not read the burned DVD. Reverted back to the latest public one and now it could play the DVD.

Perhaps it could be worth to try with the LLOD firmware version?

:)

Here is the pipo scans from the liteon

\First in the disc burned with the TsstCorp

l_84af8918f44aa6acfcacafaacc538c82.png

\Next is the disc burned with the liteon

l_e6f2141c3141a306a5a743714557e84f.png

Here are the pipo scans from the TsstCorp

\First is the disc burned with the TsstCorp

l_349af47c664add26393eac88ea8c7bfb.png

\Next is the disc burned with the liteon

l_d06197eaed383f0da54fc32af3d20d20.png

Please understand, the drive at work doesn't see a blank disc, or just not play the disc; it sees nothing at all, as if a disc were not in the drive.

I should have mentioned to set the 'Speed' to 4x and put the 'Show PIE' and 'Show PIF' on 'Block'.

In any case, it's not going to solve anything so don't worry too much... just make sure you use the settings above next time you need to scan. Your current ones aren't producing accurate graphs and they're much harder to read than they should be.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.