Blu-Ray 25 only 23098 MB ?

thunderhawk

Hello,

I have a Problem with Imgburn 2.4.1.0.

My Problem is that Imgburn only can burn a max. size of 23098 MB on a BD25 Media, while Nero can burn max. 23866 MB.

What do I do wrong?

I have a LG-GGW-H20L with Firmware YL03, connected via USB 2.0 with a SATA to USB Convertor.

I have no Problems in Burning a Blu-ray with Imgburn, the only Problem is that i can't use the full disc size of a Blu-Ray Media.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in Advance

It'll burn as much is free.

Look in the disc info panel on the right, it tells you everything you need to know about the sizes.

BD media has 'preferred' sizes and max sizes. To use max you need to format it without spare areas (option in the settings).

thanks lighting.

It works.

But i always get an error Message when i format:

W 10:48:48 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (99%, 0/4) - Format Command Failed

I 11:29:34 Synchronising Cache...

I 11:29:34 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 02:01:47

what does it mean?

I can now burn Media with 23866 MB without a Problem with Imgburn.

Why is "format it without spare areas" not a Standard in Imgburn?

Isn't it recommendable to format without spare areas?

I believe the spare areas are used for defects / sector remapping etc. I don't know much about it.

The error isn't a good sign, what discs are you using? I've never had such an error when using my verbatim bd-re discs and we have the same drive.

The drive seems to have a problem with formatting the sectors at the end of the disc (as it failed on 99%).

Still, it looks as if the drive did then manage to write all zeroes to the sectors so it's not all bad.

I tested on 2 different Platinium BD-RE 25 Media and on a LG BD-RE 25 Media.

I also tested formating without fast write option in Imgburn but the error still exist at 99%.

After 99% it always brings the error Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error and restarts formating from 0%-100%, but than without an error.

So it's like I format the Blu-ray 2 times.

I also tested to format a Verbatim DVD-RW, here I had no error at 99% with the spare areas option.

When I Disable "format it without spare areas" and format the BD-RE I won't get any error Message.

I also burned a BD-RE with over 23098 MB on the formated disc and had no error Message.. It seems that all works fine.

Did you format a LG Media with the spare areas option?

Fast Write wouldn't do anything as the error is being returned by the actual 'FORMAT UNIT' command, all be it delayed.

Once the 'FORMAT UNIT' command has finished doing it's thing, ImgBurn then writes zeroes to every sector on the disc - that's where the 'fast write' bit comes in.

To be 100% sure the drive is ok to burn to every sector I'd probably leave fast write off for the erase. That way, the drive's automatic write/verify process will point out any dodgy sectors.

I've never used the LG media, it's still sealed up in the box with the manual etc.

I only have verbatim BD-RE discs and a panasonic BD-RE DL one.

Spare areas doesn't apply to DVD-RW, only DVD-RAM and BD-RE.

My LG- RE is fine with YL03 or was when full erase and fastwrite and prefer format without etc.

Maybe it's your USB 2.0 with a SATA to USB Convertor not playing nice. Can you not try with it connected to either mobo sata (non jmicron/raid) or a pci sata addon card like sil image 3512 (correct that number if needed Lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.