imgburn completes copy play on laptop but not in dvd player

I have finally gotten to where the imgburn is burning without the error but it will not play on my dvd player. Also when I use the dvd shrink 3.2 that is suppose to create and iso and burn with imgburn. It gets to about 50% in the complete stage and then gets an I/o error I am using an sony drx-830u rw. I completes the first round, but when it comps to the part where the disk is to totally completed about 50% it gets the error message. I have reduced the speed from max to 16 and from 16 to 8. when I do use the dvd shrink with this program it does play on my dvd player. but not all the way the reason is most likely due to that is about where the area occures. so if you can help me get the 2 issue resolve I will be one happy angel.

:innocent::P:D

Hi and welcome to the forum, little angel needs you! :)

Can you post the log from a failed burn?

Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

I HOPE THIS IS WHAT YOUR WHERE REFERRING TO, THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE TO TRY & HELP. WAITING ON RESPONSE.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Friday, 20 June 2008, 10:30:56

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 10:02:48 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 10:02:48 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:02:48 Total Physical Memory: 513,412 KB - Available: 129,040 KB

I 10:02:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:02:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:02:51 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

I 10:06:17 Destination Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS20 (F:) (USB)

I 10:06:17 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Upgrade your burner's firmware to the latest version available (SS25) and try again. Remember to remove any disc from the burner and close the tray before upgrading the firmware.

Also notice that the media you're using is known for its low quality, so it's also recommended that you use better media, such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks.

I 10:06:17 Destination Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS20 (F:) (USB)

I 10:06:17 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Upgrade your burner's firmware to the latest version available (SS25) and try again. Remember to remove any disc from the burner and close the tray before upgrading the firmware.

Also notice that the media you're using is known for its low quality, so it's also recommended that you use better media, such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks.

I am still going nuts here, I have taken a break because I am wasting not only time, but my disc. You recommend to use a hq disk but until i can get a reliable stable burn process for this why waste money on a program that does not seem to be working for me. I have the same problem. I have updated my firmware. I want to take some of the blame due to I can down load and complete in nero but it will not play back in my player which is a symphonic player. Can you please help so that I can start to believe that all this program is a wast of my time.

The burn process relies on three parameters: burner, firmware and media. The burner seems OK and the firmware is up-to-date, so what could be causing problems? Can't you really buy 2 or 3 Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks to test them? Are they really that expensive where you live? We say that because, if the burner can't burn high quality media, then it's defective and needs replacement.

The burn process relies on three parameters: burner, firmware and media. The burner seems OK and the firmware is up-to-date, so what could be causing problems? Can't you really buy 2 or 3 Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks to test them? Are they really that expensive where you live? We say that because, if the burner can't burn high quality media, then it's defective and needs replacement.

I know this could seem so simple to you but when you look at the problem it is not as simple for a newbie. I do not want to keep messing up disc just to see if getting a better quality disk would work better before I added imgburn I used the nero and the problem is not the burn on nero it was that I could not or can not understand how to make it burn in my vista system as I did in my xp system where it would play I have how every burned and played with my player in my xp system but that system is no longer at avail to me due to i am using a different system and it makes me seem as though I do not know what I am doing and I am will to admit that vista has made me seem as though most of the things I did in my xp system I have no knowledge if I need to covert to something else fine but before during that can you please look it over 1 more time and maybe explain to me like I'm 12 step by step so that i can not work your nerve as you make it seems

ImgBurn reports what it's told by the drive, and what your drive is saying is that it can't read the disc it has just burned a few mins before. This is usually due to a poor quality dye used when the disc was made: the dye doesn't react as expected by the burner and doesn't store the information it should. That's why we recommend testing with discs known to have high quality dyes, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. This is needed to rule out an eventual problem with the burner itself, which, as any other device, also wears out.

And no, you're far from getting on my nerves :D

ImgBurn reports what it's told by the drive, and what your drive is saying is that it can't read the disc it has just burned a few mins before. This is usually due to a poor quality dye used when the disc was made: the dye doesn't react as expected by the burner and doesn't store the information it should. That's why we recommend testing with discs known to have high quality dyes, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. This is needed to rule out an eventual problem with the burner itself, which, as any other device, also wears out.

And no, you're far from getting on my nerves :D

thank you will get back thursday or friday with results. :thumbup::whistling::innocent::blush::wub:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.