Read errors with discs burnt under ImgBurn

ogTec

Hi.

I have been having some trouble with ImgBurn lately. I have a NEC AD-7191A burner, that runs in UDMA Mode 5. The drive has the newest firmware available. I'm using the latest version of ImgBurn under Win XP SP3. I have burned around 30 discs with this burner, all of them with ImgBurn.

Now here is the problem. I recently burned some files to Verbatim DVD-R blanks (MCC03RG20). I used 8x speed and the burning process went by without any errors. After that ImgBurn verified the discs and found errors. Here is the log.

I 18:14:25 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 18:14:25 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:14:25 Total Physical Memory: 3

Edited by ogTec

Go back and verify that first disc again in the standalone 'Verify' mode.

As you burnt it from files (via Build mode) you'll obviously need to uncheck the 'Verify Against Image File' checkbox.

The PIPO scan for the disc looks fine so I'm not really sure why the drive would be returning L-EC errors when ImgBurn attempts to read those sectors.

As software has no say in the burn quality you might like to take this problem to the optiarc forum over at cdfreaks, where fellow 7191A users can comment.

It is of course not unheard of that some drives perform better on certain media as certain speeds - especially where new drives are tailored to burning quickly (to the point of overspeeding) on the better MID's.

btw, you're probably better off (for the sake of accuracy) doing PIPO scans at 4x on that drive.

Thanks for the quick response. I verified the first disc again. This time no errors were found. :)

I guess I'll try the optiarc forums for any comments on this matter.

And thanks for the tip on pipo scanning, I'll take it into account for further scans.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.