Book Type Settings changes automatically...?

JonzcuPotato

I have problems with book type settings. I put DVD+R DL in and start Imgburn, then i go to the booktype settings and choose LG (my drive is LG) and then DVD+R DL (because i use DVD+R DL discs) then i choose DVD-ROM because i need DVD-ROM setting with my burn project. Okay, now i've choosed that i use DVD-ROM book type setting with my burn operation and now i start the burning. Everything starts smoothly, when i read log everything seems to be right. Log says that my book type setting is DVD-ROM as i chose and as it should be. Okay everything is fine burning starts and keeps going, but then suddenly i get I/O error and blaabblaab shit like that. I/O error can be caused by millions of things but when i check Graph File Data file from that failed burning i see interesting thing, it saids that Media Book Type was DVD+R DL not DVD-ROM as i choosed and logfile saids. I think that is interesting and same time pretty much like a problem because my burning project is failed. So i ask what is that problem, and how can i fix it? I don't have that ''automatic book type setting change thing'' in used because i thing i've gotten same problem with it. And one thing more. After that failed burning i have always done same project again with new disc (because old one is crappy of course) and it has always completed without problems and Log File and Graph File have been same both of them showing that book type is DVD-ROM. So i hope someone can help.

I post those parts of my Log File and Graph File so everybody can understand what i mean.

Parts of Log File in failed burning:

Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-02) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM

Parts of Graph File in failed burning:

MEDIA_TYPE=DVD+R DL

MEDIA_BOOKTYPE=DVD+R DL

MEDIA_ID=RICOHJPN-D01-02

Parts of Log File in succesful burning:

Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-02) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM

Parts of Graph File in succesful burning:

MEDIA_TYPE=DVD+R DL

MEDIA_BOOKTYPE=DVD-ROM

MEDIA_ID=RICOHJPN-D01-02

As you can see Log Files are similar in both succesful and failed burning, but Graph Files are not.

post the FULL log , not just parts that you think are important

Chances are its your choice of media . Your using discs with "ricoh" dye/ink . We only recommend Verbatim 2.4x discs for dual layer, with the dye/ink MKM-001 , made in singapore BUT post a full log file and we can see if anything else is amiss

Booktyping happens at the end of the burn, the log entry is at the start and simply shows what the drive *should* be changing it to.

If you get an error during the burn then it's very likely the drive will fail to change the booktype to DVD-ROM.

You should leave the auto booktype thing enabled. It works fine when your drive / media do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.