Problem setting L0 Zone capacity

oldfart13

I had previously been using v. 2.2.0 and it worked flawlessly. I burned 8 discs in succession without a hitch. Then I tried the latest version 2.4.1.0 and all hell breaks loose. I have an LG 4163B running on a 768 Meg XP system. What happens now is the program can't set the L0 zone capacity without locking up. No use trying to post a log as there isn't one at that point. The drive had the last available update to the firmware and I'm using Verbatim Double Layer +Rs set to 2.4X (slow speed). I have tried other burning software and that still functions quite well, so it isn't the burner. I'm going to reinstall 2.2.0 and see what happens. I burned 5 coasters trying to find a solution, which hasn't come cheap. Another problem seems to be that the program won't allow an abort if it runs into a problem, instead it will finalize the disc before kicking it out. That also never happened under 2.2.0. I've had that problem with single as well as dual layer discs (all Verbatims that previously worked under the older version of the program).

There's no reason for it to work in one version and not the other, the commands don't change.

The newer version actually asks if you want to close the disc if the burn fails. Previous versions didn't and would do it regardless - so that totally goes against what you're saying.

Although you might think there's no point in posting a log, there actually is - especially if it's from a disc that actually failed to burn.

I believe I'm having the same problem but i don't have 2.2.0 to try out

Although you might think there's no point in posting a log, there actually is - especially if it's from a disc that actually failed to burn.

Hope this helps .....

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Thursday, 10 July 2008, 22:32:42

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:56:57 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 21:56:57 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:56:57 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,368 KB - Available: 1,601,800 KB

I 21:56:57 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:56:57 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:56:57 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

DJCookieUK

your using media differant to the original poster . YOUR using Ricoh based media, and oldfart13 is using verbatim media so untill you try verbatim ( which is what we recommend) its not the exact same problem.

BOTH of you should try verbatim 2.4x Made in Singapore with the ID of MKM-001

Oldfart13 post a log file as requested

your using media differant to the original poster . YOUR using Ricoh based media, and oldfart13 is using verbatim media so untill you try verbatim ( which is what we recommend) its not the exact same problem.

Dose this mean i should post in a new topic? (I did say I believe and not I am ... searched for the fail message rather than media to avoid opening another post with same set of problems)

Verbatim are on order but i would still like to know what is causing the "Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity!" "Reason: Power Calibration Area Error"

I don't believe its just because I haven't paid more for my media, as I have written both the above files on CloneCD with the same drive at the same settings

BUT I'm a fan of this software and would love to get it running, rather use it than CloneCD.

Thanks

Edited by DJCookieUK

Error codes enclosed. I went back to 2.2.0 and got more surprises with both computers I own. Now neither computer nor the burners will accept double layer media! Single layer work just fine (touch wood). For a lark, I just tried a Philips Double Layer +R at 2.4X and now it's happily finalizing the disc after burning 65K to it. Actually, it's now at 50% finalization after spending 20 minutes burning. Original copies of my discs done using DVD Decryptor and AnyDVD combo. This has worked well for a long time before this. Drives are LG 4163B and H22-L.

I 10:08:23 ImgBurn Version 2.2.0.0 started!

I 10:08:23 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3, v.3180)

I 10:08:23 Total Physical Memory: 785,904 KB - Available: 462,900 KB

I 10:08:23 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:08:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:08:23 Found 1 DVD

Edited by oldfart13

ImgBurn doesn't install DLLs or anything like that: the whole program works from ImgBurn.exe itself. You can install v2.4.1.0 over v2.2.0.0 without problems.

If your system is locking up it could be a driver problem, maybe the chipset/storage driver?

ImgBurn doesn't install DLLs or anything like that: the whole program works from ImgBurn.exe itself. You can install v2.4.1.0 over v2.2.0.0 without problems.

If your system is locking up it could be a driver problem, maybe the chipset/storage driver?

Hmmm...that seems unlikely as the 2 computers have different mobos and CPUs as well as different amount of RAM. For a lark, I upgraded the other computer to 2.4.1.0 to see what would happen. It got through the burning end okay but finalization was impossible. The log is here:

I 15:54:51 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 15:54:51 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3, v.3180)

I 15:54:51 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,048 KB - Available: 602,632 KB

I 15:54:51 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:54:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:54:51 Found 1 DVD

I honestly don't see how that's possible.

There's only 1 way of setting the layer break so the other program would have had to use the exact same command.

If your drive throws up an error (in this case 'Program Memory Area Update Failure') for one program (on a given disc) it would do it for all programs.

Of course if you use a different disc in the other program then that's not really a fair test.

I honestly don't see how that's possible.

There's only 1 way of setting the layer break so the other program would have had to use the exact same command.

If your drive throws up an error (in this case 'Program Memory Area Update Failure') for one program (on a given disc) it would do it for all programs.

Of course if you use a different disc in the other program then that's not really a fair test.

Just burned a Verbatim DL +R at 4X and a Verbatim 16X +R using Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 in the computer with the 1 Gig of RAM and both burned flawlessly and finalaized perfectly. These used the same ISOs I had used with Imgburn 2.4.1.0, so there is definitely something wrong with that program. I'll uninstall it and try again when you have an update. Thanks for the help though...

I can assure you that there's not.

There are loads of settings you can configure if you so wish that might make a difference. The error is coming from the drive and it's purely based on hardware (drive / media).

There's nothing to say those other programs even look for errors during the finalisation phase, I never used to but I do now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.