Identifying A target disk for size?

synyster

:whistling: I'm interested in, if there is some kind of encoding or just plain text on the DVD that identifies what the size is. Whether it's a double or a single density. This info would help in letting me know if the disk that I'm trying to burn is the same as the disks that I have purchased or if there is some kind of copy protecting on it that "bloats" the file size.

I'm very entry level on this stuff. But I do learn fast. :innocent:

DVDInfo Pro and CD Speed as well as Imgburn will give you disc capacities and attributes. None of them will give you the copy protection information, but we can't talk about that here anyway.

Hello my friend,

i use dvd flick to convert my films,then burn them with imgburn which has been successful and the the calculator on imgburn tells you how much room you have left/used and the same with dvd flick. The thing is for some reason my files which are around 700-900 mb are converted to around 4gigs but when i put then into imgburn the files are massive. This happened when i first downloaded these programs and some how it seemed to correct itself but then i started having sound problems to which i have been advised to another program to help sort this, i just need to sort out this file siaze problem first. It normally converts to what disk option you picked within the conversion program, hope this helps as i to am new to these programs and never had any of this problem with nero 7. all the best C,hed.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that replied. I've been away so I haven't had a chance to see the posts. I'm going to try a couple of things and report back. I'll try not to violate any rules on publishing my findings. :thumbup:

:whistling: I'm interested in, if there is some kind of encoding or just plain text on the DVD that identifies what the size is. Whether it's a double or a single density. This info would help in letting me know if the disk that I'm trying to burn is the same as the disks that I have purchased or if there is some kind of copy protecting on it that "bloats" the file size.

I'm very entry level on this stuff. But I do learn fast. :innocent:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.