Help! Im Stupid Wii ISO's never work (so far)

Xevious

I am new to Wii and old in real life so burning DVD's I hoped would be alot like CDROM - However I have been downloading images from uTotternt sites and either I am stupid, lazy or unlucky becuase I am Zero for 3 on burning DVD's for Wii that work. The Wii simply says it can not recognize the DVD consult the whatever.

I have a Who knows good bad crummy Burner Lite-On DVDRW SHW-160P6S with the latest that I can firnd firmware and getting it took me 2 days and 3 upgrades firmware PSOC. Probably becuase it is a combo DVDRW and CDROM or because I am 50 years old I'm slow as F and stupid! but it was a hair pulling process to simply rev firmware 2 rev's. Mostly finding it.

So I burned this ISO I obtained from uTorrent and the Wii hates it. wont recognize it. At that time was as 2 rev's lower firmware and used some crap DVD burning software called Copy to DVD. So I upgrade Firmware download an other version of the same game ( Oh I dont know the DIFF on PAL or NTSC ) but the second img ISO using ImgBurn with new firmware leaves me with just another useless DVD as mine are not eraseable. The Wii, It didnt recogize the disk.

So - if there is a Wiley Veteran SUPER hands on experience successfully doing this without a mod chip please please PWEEASE gimme a hand. I use this lame site I paid for to even get to the image sites and begin a few weeks ago callled Wiimediadownloads.com - I am nearly convinced I was yanked for 39 bux becuase the lists or seemly all uTorrent sites I probably could ahve found elsewhere for free and they promise 24x7 support ( WTF! the only amil ADDR they even have is invalid ) so I probably got screwed.

Anyhow there are a TON 1000's of Images on these sites - but some seem from Spanish origin - some JApaneese - some say PAL some say NTSC some say scrubbed some say DVD5 (think that is just a single DVD) >I dunno< some sat NTSC to PAL some say PAL to NTSC (the reverse) some say ESPAL some say from Mininova, some from wiiwizard, some say from spynova.net - Etc Etc Etc Etc

I have NO idea what 99.9% of any of what that that means. I hate feeling lame! Worked in IT for 25 years and I cant seem to grasp this and obtain 1 stupid free Wii game.

I did read many times however that Imgburn is the BEST so here am. Have been trying to get a copy brned of the Super Smash Bros Brawl but I would easily believe many copies are unfunctional. There does not seem to be any qualification for posting anyhting and it just occured to me last nite that Geeeez what if I DL somethng burn it and it WASTES my Wii Console. Dam.

So I am here beggin for help. I read the FAQ and the guides but I still think I am way over my head here so that why I am posting.

ANY - help is sincerely appreciated - I have a 1024px1920 HD TV connected to a pc a wii a dvd player but I cant seem to get a ISO img of a Wii game to dwnload and burn and be recognized by the Wii.

Maybe utorrent is messed up by my config, maybe I dunno the first bit about any of this and I could write 100 potentials so if you can and have time please lend a hand - I'd even give my phone number as its obviously easier to dialogue but some folks get spooked so if not thats cool too. I do not know where to begin and am well frustrated and sorta pissed feeling stupid, ripped off, scummy for tryign toget free games and lame for not being able to.

Oh and thata Utorrent crap I seem to GIVE more data than I even get it's slow as molasses. So far the WHOLE process has sucked but I know there's likely a buncha veterans at this out here somewhere?

I never exported and saved the log cause the results appeared to have burned succesfully but yet the Wii wont use the DVD's

As Donta said, use Google for what you want to learn...

downloading images from uTotternt sites

We are the support forum for ImgBurn and cannot discuss ripped or downloaded property that you acquired through any means other than that which you own the rights to.

As Donta said, use Google for what you want to learn...

downloading images from uTotternt sites

We are the support forum for ImgBurn and cannot discuss ripped or downloaded property that you acquired through any means other than that which you own the rights to.

Okay I can accept that - - - not trying to piss you u off - - -

What about using Imgburn to create backups of Wii DVD's ?

I put the Wii Dvd that has been purchased into the DVDRW and using ImgBurn it says it is loading the media but then Imgburn never recognizes the DVD. Says there is no media inserted. Any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.