Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error

ninjabytez

Hi,

since yesterday I get the following errors:

W 05:29:21 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (33%, 0/3) - Parameter Value Invalid

W 05:30:43 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Parameter Value Invalid

W 05:30:43 Retrying (1 of 3)...

And:

W 06:44:22 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (76%, 0/3) - Die Anforderung konnte wegen eines E/A-Ger

Edited by ninjabytez

Do you still have the log from where SPTI was being used rather than one of the 3rd party I/O interfaces?

What controller is the drive attached to? (who makes it?)

It's a bit weird for things to start erroring out when *nothing* has changed. Are you quite sure you didn't install / update *anything* ?

I found the mistake, thats weired.

I use PRTG Network Grapher 7 for hardware monitoring over interent/lan and it uses WPI interface and SNMP to monitor hardware things like drive allocation, cpu, ram and so on. I had my local excluded from this monitoring and switched it back on just yesterday because I had to watch my temp drive when I'm on work to react on low space.

After I excluded my computer some minutes ago and started burning another DVD, everything went smooth again. I thought it couldn't be and enabled my computer again, burned a DVD and there was the error again. I disabled and burned another one, everything went fine.

It must have to do with the WPI counters that where pooled by the PRTG Probe Service.

And BTW: There was never ever a firmware update for my H66N, I don't know why, maybe because it was released as S-ATA device just some weeks before they released their BlueRay devices.

Hm, I had a look into it, it seems that Paessler (The company who writes PRTG) does everything right, it seems that there is an error in Windows Vista with WMI (I wrote WPI before, sry, my mistake) that pools data from every hardware device when asked for like hardware monitoring, it pools even data from optical drives. Maybe I should have look into it, if I can exclude my optical drives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.