Burning speed

aria

In another forum i found that i have to decrese burning speed for getting a perfect dvd.

I tried but the burning time does not increase. How is that possible?

I tried:

- write speed 1x

- disk write speed 1x

- device write speed 1x

I burned a iso of 4 Gb

The burning time was about 6 minutes.

The verify was also about 6 minutes.

What do i do wrong?

With ImgBurn in Write mode, insert a blank disc in your burner and look in the Information area to the right of ImgBurn's window: there it'll be listed the Supported Write Speeds available with your media/burner/firmware combination. You can't force it to burn at speeds other than the ones listed (the command is sent by ImgBurn but it's up to the drive to obey it or not).

Anyway, slower isn't always better in DVD burning world: most quality media (such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks) give best results when burned at 8x or 12x, especially on newer burners, which are optimized for faster burns. If you have a BenQ, Lite-On, Plextor or one of the newer Samsung burners, you can scan your discs to check their burn quality with programs like DVDInfoPro or Ner0 Disc Speed :)

Make sure you're using quality media (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden) and that your burner has the latest firmware available for it and you should have good burns at any speeds :pirate2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.