getting comand sequence errors

lando100

I use Plextor DVDR PX-708A firm 1.04

media im using is

RiDATA 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817132389

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 50 Packs Disc with Advanced Azo Recording Dye - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817507002

Im not sure if this my burner dying. It is about 4 years old burner since i got it. It worked fine until about 2-3 weeks ago then other programs stared getting errors. The Ridata and verbtim media i just got so i think maybe they are not compatible with it. Other programs get errors and closing so im not sure if it has anything to do with that. soulseek, ad aware, avast antivirus, newsbin all get errors when opened and close within past 2-3 weeks. I scanned my computer at reboot and avast didnt really get any major viruses. also used spybot and ad aware at reboot to make sure they complete scans. nero, alcohol, imgburn dont close at start up or get errors just not burn right.

i tried burning a few audio cds in nero and sometimes it completes a burn and not(please no nero bashing i dont care to hear it). Media is verbatim cd-r never ay problems before with it.

nero and alchohol cant complete burns with ridata and verbatim media. I did a complete burn with princo disc as you will see in the log but a few files wouldnt read so i dont count it as a good burn. I am running out of room on my hd. i cant free up space rigth now lol.

also in test mode the verbatim and ridata discs will go thorugh like it will complete. WHen i try for real burn i get the error.

I 13:10:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 13:10:18 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)

I 13:10:18 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,044 KB - Available: 335,808 KB

I 13:10:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:10:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:10:18 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

i updated firmware still same results. The ridata discs i burned about 7 complete dvdr with no problems with imgburn. After i restarted my comp a few days ago i started getting errors it seems with ridata and imgburn. now with a test with verbatim i got write protected error. then the ridata tested like it would burn all the way so i stopped it. maybe ill get a new burner if nothing works out soon. but these cheap white top princo disscs i got left seem to burn all the way through with no problems.

I 15:42:46 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 15:42:46 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)

I 15:42:46 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,044 KB - Available: 498,420 KB

I 15:42:46 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:42:46 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:42:46 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.