Two questions about ImgBurn

DjBR

Hi everybody, I have bumped into ImgBurn thanks to a HA.org mate who said this was a great application, and since long I have been wanting to replace Nero products on my systems, I thought why not give a try. Other options were not enough: CDBurnerXP does not have CD-TEXT support and it's written for (the infamous) .NET toolkit; InfraRecorder seemed like very buggy; K3B did not show up as reliable giving false positive errors; Brasero is just so stupid it couldn't even blank a DVD-RW for me.

So here it is ImgBurn, very technical but likely powerful.

Question 1

Does ImgBurn burn FLAC or MP3 files "on-the-fly" or does it convert to WAV first before burning?

If it is really capable to burn FLAC "on-the-fly", what is needed for it to be done?

Question 2

Basically, the red-book Audio CD specifies that the first track has a 2 second gap.

This is automatically set on Nero, even if you "zero" that number, it will end up with 2 second gap.

When creating a CUESHEET with ImgBurn, the cuesheet does not automatically insert a 2 second gap there, so do I have to insert it manually otherwise I have a non-compliant Audio CD, or does ImgBurn take care for me and inserts the 2 second gap on the first track automagically even if I leave all the pregaps as default zeroes?

Thank you for your replies since now!

1. ImgBurn uses DirectShow for decoding the source files, so it'll use the standard filter registered for each type of file. You can find out which filter this is on your system by rendering each different type of file with GraphEdit, or any other program that uses DirectShow for playing (most players do).
  2. ImgBurn automatically inserts a 2 second gap before the first session of an Audio CD, as per the redbook standard. This is always done and isn't affected by the PreGap selected for any track. Notice the Disc time is always 2 seconds longer than Session 1's time :)

For God's sake, you live in Itu-SP... I'm in Tatui-SP. ROFL

I used Graphedit to render a FLAC file and it said "PCMAudio, WaveFormatEx: 16bit/44.1kHz"

I guess I'm all done then with burning 'on-the-fly' possible...

Edited by DjBR

• 3 months later...

Hello!!!

Things got in my way and now I am back fiddling with ImgBurn, very excellent app!

So I installed the DCBassSource and that's it? No need to tick any options after that?

Does that mean now that every Audio CD I burn directly from FLAC files are going to be burnt directly!?

Oh one more question...

The way it was before, what exactly did ImgBurn with the FLAC files? Did it create WAV temporaty files?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.