DL==OoOooOoNoOOooOoo

gomoso

Gents,

Well... where to start?

See, I bought this DVD double layer drive with several ideas in mind: one was to do larger backups on one disk. Another was to save large chunks of info on one disk. In just photography I have more than 40 CDs & DVDs. Programs not images!

I've read the guides and FAQs. I've followed some of the tutorials on how to... like how to burn a DL disk. Several new things there that I corrected. In that regard only one question: how do I get to that screen where to choose the cell? I read the tutorial several times and how to get there is still a mystery. One.

Then I also looked up the I/O error FAQ and changed that from auto to manual and set it to 32. Ok.

I'm looking into buying more media when this lot runs out with the link's recommendations. Mind you I'm in the wild wind tropics so brands might not be the same.

I've set the media speed to 2.4 and the drive also to 2.4. So, hit me on the head with the washing board, or is that a chair? I'm including the log file. Hope it tells you something.

Thank you.

I 12:07:29 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:07:29 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:07:29 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,364 KB - Available: 1,297,700 KB

I 12:07:29 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:07:29 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:07:43 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

The position of the layerbreak only matters when dealing with DVD-Video, so you'll only need to choose one when burning DVD-Video content.

The best dual-layer media is Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore.

By the way, in ImgBurn go to Tools -> Settings -> click the Restore Defaults button, answer Yes and click OK. The default settings work fine for most people on most systems, and the problem you had is due to low quality media (have a look around this forum and see how many people complain about CMC MAG media like yours) :)

The best dual-layer media is Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore.

And the worst is this stuff.

I 12:39:23 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D03-64) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Do take mmalves's advice and get the media he recommended.

Regards

Thank you guys,

Thank you for that quick , direct and honest reply.

I'll hunt down some new media. Thnx. I have tried several different brands now. I'll do as you suggested.

I did notice on the burnt disks I used that there was a burnt swath between the blank and programmed areas. Can't resist the heat?

I do burn videos so that is why I mentioned the cell option. I'll keep reading the posts in the forum. Many thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.