Ok, Soooo i've got a new question

JeffDaniels

Sooo, i posted the other day about an error I was receiving regarding no sense information or something of that nature. I tried everything under the sun and determined that after changing pcs, and moving the drive it must have gone bad because nothing worked. (it worked fine in my old pc)

So now, i purchased a new drive, and it started off great, made it all the way to 100% and then failed "because of an i/o device error" when trying to finalize the disc.

This is driving me nuts, because i love imgburn and never had a problem with it in the past. Some information you may or may not need, it's a new dell xps 420 (well not new to the market but new to me) and only supports sata connections not ide. But of course when i bought the new burner it didn't say sata and i just assumed it would be since it appeared to be a newer drive released later than my previous. Anyway it is also ide, so i currently have it set up connecting to a sata controller card attached to my pci slot. As i said, it runs all the way through but won't finalize the disc. Any suggestions? Thoughts? Please help...thanks guys.

Here is the log...

21:27:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:27:55 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 21:27:55 Total Physical Memory: 3,142,988 KB - Available: 2,089,204 KB

I 21:27:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:27:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:27:56 Found 1 DVD

If the PCI card you're using is one of those generic models with one (or more) SATA port(s) and one IDE port then the card can be interefering with the communication to the burner, since most of those cards do not play nice with ATAPI devices. Can't you get an exchange on your burner for a SATA model? You also might want to check if you're using the latest drivers available for your PCI card.

I 21:28:43 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 21:28:43 Destination Media Sectors: 3,827,520

It's no use trying to burn again a disc that failed burning before :(

If the PCI card you're using is one of those generic models with one (or more) SATA port(s) and one IDE port then the card can be interefering with the communication to the burner, since most of those cards do not play nice with ATAPI devices. Can't you get an exchange on your burner for a SATA model? You also might want to check if you're using the latest drivers available for your PCI card.

I 21:28:43 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 21:28:43 Destination Media Sectors: 3,827,520

It's no use trying to burn again a disc that failed burning before :(

Thanks mmalves, also i've seen a lot of your posts and have to ask...any idea who the girl is in your avatar? Lol...thanx.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.