DVD Labeling problem

Setsu

For some reason if I build&burn a DVD with an UDF label containing spaces, my computer can't recognize it.

In other words, "temp" would work fine but "temp disk" won't.

The burns are still successful however, and the data can be accessed by first opening Imageburn recognizing the disk, and then going to windows explorer to access the data; though no label is displayed.

Is it something wrong with my disk drive or is there a standard practice not to include spaces in volume labels?

p.s. I always press the "Copy UDF label to other file systems" button.

With ImgBurn closed and with no disc in the drive, open "My Computer" from your Windows, insert the disc and wait for a while. Does the drive's label change to the disc's label when the disc is recognized?

With ImgBurn closed and with no disc in the drive, open "My Computer" from your Windows, insert the disc and wait for a while. Does the drive's label change to the disc's label when the disc is recognized?

Now that you've mentioned this, I actually retried reading the disk and they seem to read fine now.

Come to think of it I noticed this problem when reading disks I burned immediately prior, so could it be possible that the drive was unable to read the disks because it just exited from writing mode and the laser got affected?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.