Burning but not verifying

silverman

Hope someone can help. Updated firmware for drive and imgburn. Keep getting the verification errors. Any solutions please

Its always the same on the verification virtually in the same spot/time, about 20% success rate and this problem has begun in the last 4 weeks, had months without any problems. Tried with DVDshrink and burns fine but not sure if DVDshrink verifies the images once burnt.

Will burn some iso files but having a problem with others.

Have run various antivirus spyware proggies incase.

Log below :

I 12:36:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:36:37 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:36:37 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,340 KB - Available: 591,392 KB

I 12:36:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:36:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:36:37 Found 1 DVD

Edited by silverman

Burn at 8x or 12x.

Haven't tried burn speeds so will override automax selection and get back to you/

Thanks flash

Thanks Lightning

Burning at 12 got a positive result....seems my verbatims adn optiarc drive not liking the 16 speeds(or max equivalent)

I guess the indicator in the log was the actual burn speed reported;

I 12:46:28 Average Write Rate: 10,489 KB/s (7.6x) - Maximum Write Rate: 21,845 KB/s (15.8x)

and taking the lowest mean burn result, would this be a correct synopsis?

Cheers for the quick supportive response top man.

I 12:38:19 Destination Device: [0:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A 1.14 (D:) (ATA)

I 12:38:19 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x)

I 12:38:19 Write Speed: MAX

Actually you were "overspeeding" the burn to 18x, and the blanks are rated for 16x.

You should still get a good burn at 16x, but on most newer burners, the best burn quality is achieved at 8x and 12x speeds :)

By the way, where are your Verbatim blanks made? India? Singapore? Somewhere else? It's written in the packaging/box/spindle.

I 12:38:19 Destination Device: [0:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A 1.14 (D:) (ATA)

I 12:38:19 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x)

I 12:38:19 Write Speed: MAX

Actually you were "overspeeding" the burn to 18x, and the blanks are rated for 16x.

You should still get a good burn at 16x, but on most newer burners, the best burn quality is achieved at 8x and 12x speeds :)

By the way, where are your Verbatim blanks made? India? Singapore? Somewhere else? It's written in the packaging/box/spindle.

Not sure where theyre made nothing on spindle and packaging in the bin. Came from Staples in the UK if thats of any help!

I understand the Indian produced ones are the best and will check next time. Normally use the phillips and never ever experienced the same problems.

What you say figures, I didnt realise the burner would try and exceed the disk speed limit of x16, I would've thought the drive would slow to the speed of the disk (we live and learn).

Thanks again will keep you posted/

Ever the optimist ^^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.