When building an image/disc, change output directory structure/paths?

Fran3

A little while back I downloaded ImgBurn 2.4.1.0 and just now used it to write a MS Visual Studio Express image to disc. I wanted to add the MSDN documentation installer file to the disc and had to unpack the iso first, then use ImgBurn's build tool to add all the files again. Not a huge problem, I used VCDControlTool to mount the iso and extrct the files.

I understand that features such as mounting iso images are beyond ImgBurn's remit (I read a post explaining this) and anyway there are plenty of other tools out there that do iso mounting etc. I did notice though that the VCDControlTool is only a 23K exe and has a very simple interface so such an iso mounting feature might not bloat ImgBurn that much! A fully integrated solution would be very cool (eg when creating a build project, to be able to add files from existing iso images).

I love ImgBurn's speed, clear interface and comprehensive options. A really useful tool. So good in fact that I would use its build tool as a replacement for my current disc burning software but for one main issue. In the build tool there appears to be no way to alter the destination file/directory names or directory structure - these paths are simply copied from the source files/folders.

Again I hear you say that such a feature is beyong the scope of ImgBurn. But when building an iso image, would I really have to create a copy of the source files and rename/reorganise them each time before burning? Of course I may well have missed a trick or not be that familiar with the more typical purpose/usage of iso burning tools so do tell me if I am missing the point! Otherwise it would be so useful if future versions of ImgBurn did have some way of configuring the destination file/directory path names.

Anyway, its always great to find well thought out and well coded freeware that makes using computers just that little bit easier and more of a pleasure. Thanks for your hard work!

Cheers

Fran

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

About this topic, did you figure out how you can implement this feature requested ?

Is there any new version planned to have the Build Mode with the possibility of create folders and organize the project without create copies of all the files ?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.