Auto Burn Speed Setting

legin

I have set auto burn speed to suit the discs I am using. I set it and burn a disc and it works fine. Only problem is when I close Imgburn and then start it up again the auto write speed has gone. I have to set it again. The disc code is CMC MAG. AM3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Having trouble with the auto write speed feature still

I have followed the tutorial so many times I know it word for word.

The problem is I set my desired spreed for my discs. I have 2 types, cheap for data and Verbatim for video. Then use the program to burn a disc. It all works great and uses the speed I set for each disc. But then when I close the program and then start it to use it again, all my settings for auto write speed have gone!!

I have to set them each time I open Imgburn. I have put up with it for a while now.

Please help!!!!

Do any of your settings get saved when you close the program down?

You're not using an .ini file for saving them are you.... just the standard method in the registry?

Open up regedit and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn

The Auto Write Speed entries should be right at the stop, all starting with 'AWS_'. What do you see?

If in doubt, delete the 'ImgBurn' key (when the program is closed), open ImgBurn and then close it again.

Now refresh regedit (press F5) and see what's been written to it and if the 'ImgBurn' branch has been recreated.

post-14054-1222266552_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your reply LIGHTNING UK!

I am not using an ini file to save my settings.

I did what you said and checked the registry. Attached is the screenshot of regedit. No AWS entries.

I deleted the Imgburn entry, started and closed Imgburn as you said. The Imgburn entry does get recreated.

Maybe I should reinstall Imgburn?

I am using version 2.4.1.0 it was bundled with DVD Flick

Edited by legin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.