Command Sequence Error

Tanuj Lakhina

I was looking for DVD burning software's and came across ImgBurn and let me tell you I really liked it.Did have the beginning confusion but got over that.

Right now the problem that am facing is with the error of "Command Sequence Error" and I don't know what to do about it.

Am running a Dvd drive on a Dell laptop running on a Windows Vista machine and am using Writex blank DVD's for burning my data.Am attaching the log files along too.

Help please.

Thanks.

ImgBurn.log

I 02:28:27 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PBDS DVD+-RW DS-8W1P BD1B (E:) (ATA)

I 02:28:27 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MCC 03RG20) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

-

I 02:35:45 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MBI 01RG40) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

There's firmware BD1C available for your burner at Dell's Support website. You should also get better media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks, as the ones you've tried are low quality.

Having the latest firmware ensures the drive knows how to properly burn the different types of media, so yes, it is good to always have the latest.

As for the media, if it was good, shouldn't it work for you too? If your friends aren't using laptop burners (which are known to be picky about the media they like) then it isn't a fair comparision, and even if they are, your blanks could be from a lower quality batch. Anyway, buy a few Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks and give them a go :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.