error msg

Oni

hey guys, just recently i have been unable to burn dvds for some reason, this is the error msg that comes up

'' There doesnt appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image

Image size: 559.696 sectors (1,093 MB)

Disc size: 15,872 sectors (31 MB) ''

im still using the same dvds i was using before, ( i was using imgburn through DVDFLICK) and all my files are .avi

any help would be appreciated

also heres the log if its any help

I 16:11:23 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:11:23 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 16:11:23 Total Physical Memory: 785,344 KB - Available: 258,760 KB

I 16:11:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:11:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:11:24 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Oni

Hi and welcome to the forum, Omi! :)

I 16:16:30 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 16:16:30 Destination Media Sectors: 15,872

Not before used discs?

I 16:16:30 Destination Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PRS2 (E:) (ATA)

PCOC seems to be that latest firmware for your burner.

http://www.liteonit.com.tw/global/index.ph...r&Itemid=75

Hi and welcome to the forum, Omi! :)

I 16:16:30 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 16:16:30 Destination Media Sectors: 15,872

Not before used discs?

I 16:16:30 Destination Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PRS2 (E:) (ATA)

PCOC seems to be that latest firmware for your burner.

http://www.liteonit.com.tw/global/index.ph...r&Itemid=75

thanks, they r blank discs, just from the same batch that worked before, thats why im confused why they r not workin now, i dont understand what that link was, i couldnt find any info about pcoc? im not really clued in with all this stuff

In that web page - select optical storage in the drop down list box named 'Category' and then select your writer in the other drop down list box. It will take you to a new page where your writers firmware is displayed.

:)

In that web page - select optical storage in the drop down list box named 'Category' and then select your writer in the other drop down list box. It will take you to a new page where your writers firmware is displayed.

:)

im guessin

SHW-160P6S is what im lookin for? i downloaded and read it, its just an installation manual? are you saying i need a new rewriter?

The firmware, meaning the software built into the drive's flash memory which acts as the control center for a drive's operation, is subject to updates. The firmware determines the best parameters for the speed of media you are using, and then continually monitors the burn process to ensure the quality of the burn.

Have you tried with another brand of discs? The current ones are not what I would say high quality media.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.