Problems with Imgburn

Christopherno1

Hi

When i burn a a file (I burn only dvd movies on 4,5 gigabyte) the write rate is very slow (2-4 times the speed) even if the maxium speed on my discs is 16 times the speed. I have put the write speed as "AUTO". But the big problem is that the burning stops and starts writing all the time, so it takes nearly 25 minutes to burn a movie. And then when it

verify it doesnt gets faster then 2 times the speed.

I have a new ASUS laptop with windows vista home premium.

Here is the messeges i get when i burn:

I 19:21:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:21:42 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:21:42 Total Physical Memory: 3

Hi and welcome to the forum, Christopherno1! :)

It can do this if you use the computer for heavy computing on the same time when you do a burn. Does it also gives these pauses when you only run ImgBurn?

Have you checked that your hard disk is in DMA mode?

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...20c7db1033.mspx

I 19:22:13 Source File: \\CHRISTOPHERSDAT\filmer\indiana.jones.4-inject.iso

I 19:22:13 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 2x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

I 19:22:13 Write Speed: 16x

The computer/hard disk hosting that network share can't keep up with the transfer rate needed for an 8x burn, so that's why your buffer is getting empty. Move the ISO file to the laptop's HD before burning and it should burn at 8x without problems :)

Hello,

I am actually having the same exact issue when I am trying to burn a Wii game. One thought is that I'm using a wireless connection. If I swich it to a direct connection would that help? And also with the DMA mode...should that be turned OFF to make the burning go smoother?

Thank you

-Dio

why not store the ISO on the same machine as the dvd writer and do it that way, if you are trying to burn across network using wireless your gonna have to set aside some time and tbh you may end up with crap on a disc "Eventually"

I bet even N is slow and a bandwidth hoggy

never mess with windows dma settings there is no need to. Well only when you try with internal writer and get something like 1x or 2 from Hd in same machine.

They are both on the same laptop on the same drive, and I'm writing at 4x speed. But every few minutes the buffers give out and gets those errors. The one burned disc we tried worked for about an hour then crapped out. Maybe I'll try better media or making sure nothing else is runnning at the same time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.