unable to read dvd+rw in dvd player

davexnet

Hello,

I've a DVD player connected to my TV that can play divx/xvid (It's a Samsung HD841)

I'm experiencing a problem where if I put some avi's on the disk (as data)

using certain dvd+rw's (identified as mid Ritek 004 (048) ) the player can't see them at all.

I can hear the unit seeking but it doesn't find anything and eventually gives up.

However, if I write a proper DVD on the same disks, the Samsung player can

read them and play just fine.

I'm wondering if it is some kind of formatting problem. I can see in Imgburn that

some time in the past these disks were booktyped to dvd-rom. (is there a way to change

them back to dvd-rw?) The second thing I noticed is that if you put them into Nero

cd/dvd speed the prog doesn't "see" the end of data, it runs all it's tests to the very end of the disk,

even if I've only written 2 GB on them. (They may have been filled before, but erased).

There's a lot of info and settings in Imgburn; I'm wondering if there is anything

that may help me troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks for any info.

It seems that you Samsung player doesn't like the Ritek dye DVD+RWs you're using. Try with Verbatim DVD+RW discs and it should work fine :)

As for the booktype, having it set to DVD-ROM increases compatibility with standalone players so it shouldn't be a problem.

It seems that you Samsung player doesn't like the Ritek dye DVD+RWs you're using. Try with Verbatim DVD+RW discs and it should work fine :)

As for the booktype, having it set to DVD-ROM increases compatibility with standalone players so it shouldn't be a problem.

I think you're right, it is marginal, even on the properly formatted DVD (video_ts) I created.

Sometimes the same disk will load, sometimes it wont.

Why does Nero cd/dvd speed access the whole 4.3 GB, even if only 2GB is written?

Something to do with DVD+RW ? It doesn't do it on DVD-R I've tried.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.