Services...Removable Storage

renshaw8

I still can't burn DVD's . Can anyone tell me if (Services-Removable Storage) is supposed to be disabled? If it is needed, how do I restart the snap in? Thanks

post-14592-1224117568_thumb.jpg

post-14592-1224117658_thumb.jpg

Edited by renshaw8

Thanks Techman .... I already went to that page and being a dummy, I didn't really understand it. I did notice that it mentioned DVD-RW so thats why I asked the question. To put it another way...(Does Removable Storage have to be enabled to fix my inability to burn DVD's?) And if so, how do I restart the snap in.

You dont need the service to write to DVDs. That service is for keeping track of record able media catalogs in a server environment. What are you using that wont work as in burning software, dvd-burner, and operating system. What happening when you try to burn some media?

I've had about 8 unsuccessful movie DVD burns in a row. It seems like that started happening after I installed a ASPI layer. I removed the ASPI layer and bought a lens cleaning disk and that doesn't work. I get the following error message......

post-14592-1224146786_thumb.jpg

I've had about 8 unsuccessful movie DVD burns in a row. It seems like that started happening after I installed a ASPI layer. I removed the ASPI layer and bought a lens cleaning disk and that doesn't work. I get the following error message......

post-14592-1224146786_thumb.jpg

Get someone to install your operating system again then stop messing on with it :)

try uninstalling your dvd burner from the device manager and reboot machine it will then reinstall the burner see if that helps. If that dont work look under the tools menu in imgburn and click the filiter driver load order and use the copy to clipboard button and post that info here.

Thanks guys. I'm trying to burn Movie DVD's with Imgburn with a internal Matshita dvd-ram uj-841s burner in Toshiba laptop. I've had about 8 unsuccessful burns in a row. I get an I/O error. The log says "Close Request Acknowledged". I would like to know what is telling it to close. Here is Filter screenshot...

post-14592-1224197061_thumb.jpg

Thanks Lightning UK....I deleted all the filters except REDBOOK & IMAPI. You said "You are telling it to close - by clicking the red X" but I'm talking about what the log says when I have a bad (unsuccessful) burn.

post-14592-1224203030_thumb.jpg

I 16:52:42 Close Request Acknowledged

I 16:52:42 Closing Down...

I 16:52:42 Shutting down SPTI...

I 16:52:42 ImgBurn closed!

I think you have enabled the option 'Close Program',

mode402.png

that makes ImgBurn to close the program after the burn. It's nothing u normal with that.

W 16:48:58 Failed to Write Sectors 1504 - 1535 - Reason: Peripheral Device Write Fault

That error code seems to be very linked with Matshita writers.

Hardware problem (either temperature or the device is wearing out). Contact the device manufacturer for diagnosis.

I would try with some better (higher quality) media.

post-14592-1224146786.jpg

After uninstalling the ASPI layer - did you revert the setting to SPTI in ImgBurn?

:)

Well, I finally had a successful movie burn while I was asleep last night. Cynthia, I don't think I changed anything in Imgburn except for deleting the filters that Lightning UK suggested. I bought some Verbatim "movie" DVD's but I used a Sony last night. I wanted to make sure it was going to work before using the Verbatim's. I couldn't get the ones made in Singapore...they were made in Tiawan. Thanks again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.