Trying to erase a DVD+RW from the command-line

kincaid

I'm finding it impossible to erase a DVD+RW disc using the command-line. I want to set up a shortcut so that I pop in the disc that needs to be erased, click on the shortcut, and have the process done. I have looked at the command-line text and I've tried numerous different mixtures but no matter what I do I get ImgBurn just opening and sitting there but not erasing.

Could someone please show me the exact command-line that I should be using? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried searching but didn't find what I was looking for.

You can't only erase a disc then quit ImgBurn from the command line. You can make it automatically erase/format/overwrite the disc when burning.

By the way, you don't need to erase a DVD+RW before re-using it again: just overwrite it :)

You can't only erase a disc then quit ImgBurn from the command line. You can make it automatically erase/format/overwrite the disc when burning.

By the way, you don't need to erase a DVD+RW before re-using it again: just overwrite it :)

Sadly, that was I was both expecting and not wanting to hear. Ah well.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Edited by kincaid

If it's a DVD+RW, you could essentially just use Discovery mode. That'll write zeroes to all the sectors.

Note that this wouldn't be the case for DVD-RW media because that requires a proper 'format' command to be issued in order to make the disc 'empty' again.

Thank you, LIGHTNING UK! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.