How Do I Master An Image File For Dual-Layer Discs?

brash

Hello,

I have created my own movie that is set up for DVD9 size discs. I used Nero Vision to generate this movie. It has turned everything into the proper subs/vob's and whatnot in a videots folder.. then i had it generate an image (nrg) file for me to burn, but when i examine the image, i have found that it is not set up properly to handle the image break of a dual layer disc.

So my question is: How do i re-master this image to bet set up correctly for layer breaks ?

Thank you

hm, i'm looking at it now. Looking at this guide that you wrote: double layer guide

but a I got a different screen than the one shown there for the cell phase of picking sectors for the pause in the film to break at.

"Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!

Now would be a good time to start crying, because technically, this is the end of the world.

The layer break must be between sectors 2046818 and 2086912

Sector 2046818 falls within VTS_01 (Title), which stars at sector 13406.

Relative to the start of VTS_01 (Title), the layer break must be between sectors 2033412 and 2073506.

Relative sector 2033412 falls within PGC 1, Cell 1, which starts at relative sector 0.

Relative to the start of Cell 1, try splitting between sectors 2033412 (3971.51 MB) and 2073506 (4049.82 MB).

Do you want to continue anyway? (Not Recommended!)"

I guess i need to cry and give up?

If it's expected that there will be a pause in my film why would this message come up instead of showing me the cell browser so i can pick a section?

btw - i'm using the exact same drive that you used in that guide. i'm using Sony DL discs.

Edited by brash

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.