Speed Issues

The Jester

I've been looking over the forum and am still having the same issue. I've set my IDE Channels to utilize DMA. I had an issue with the speeds a few months ago and deleted the IDE Controller, which fixed the problem. For some reason my burning speeds have reverted to being extremely slow once again.

I've utilized this page to its max.... http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=59

and have checked this by using two types of dvds that worked before this issue arose

Any help and I would be very greatful

I 19:40:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:40:10 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:40:10 Total Physical Memory: 3,079,012 KB - Available: 2,575,636 KB

I 19:40:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:40:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:40:20 Found 1 DVD

Prevent it or at least narrow the odds by making sure your hard drives are error free scan them for errors all partitions and fix file system errors, also try not to read DVD/CD media that is obviously very badly scratched covered in jam, smudges fingerprints god knows what.

Also make sure you never badly shutdown a PC by switching it off directly at wall, switching off by PSU power switch pressing and holding the power button for 4 seconds , or pressing reset whilst operating system is running.

If and once in awhile there is nothing else you can do other than to shutdown badly after major crash or psu goes off etc, first thing to do when powered back on is to check all hard drives attached for errors.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.