I/O Error

-Donut-

Hello together,

I have a problem with ImgBurn, I tried to burn a Xbox 360 game but I haven't success. I use the latest version of ImgBurn and have the DVD's from Verbatim ( DVD+R DL 8x). I have read many topics and tried to solve the problem with Google but I don't find a solution. I use Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all updates. The write speed is 2,4x.

By other games it works but by others not. I don't understand it.

At first I become this error: http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorrj9.jpg

I click on "Weiter" and then I become this: http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error2ud1.jpg

I have add my ImgBurn log as the Attachment.

I hope I have give enough informations and my English is not so bad, because I'm from Germany. :innocent:

ImgBurn.log

Edited by -Donut-

Check with your laptop manufacturer to see if they've released any firmware updates for the drive.

Try and get some 2.4x Verbatims (MKM-001-00 dye) instead of the 8x (MKM-003-00 dye) ones.

The error you're getting when setting the layerbreak is because you're trying to reuse a failed disc.

Thank you for the answer. But I have the newest version of the firmware. Its WP03 if anybody knows a newer version please tell me.

Is there is a chance to burn the games with these DVD's with 8x speed? By some games it works by me, by other not.

Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N

EDIT: I tried again and its working. I dont understand that.

Edited by -Donut-

Hello together,

I have a problem with ImgBurn, I tried to burn a Xbox 360 game but I haven't success. I use the latest version of ImgBurn and have the DVD's from Verbatim ( DVD+R DL 8x). I have read many topics and tried to solve the problem with Google but I don't find a solution. I use Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all updates. The write speed is 2,4x.

By other games it works but by others not. I don't understand it.

At first I become this error: http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorrj9.jpg

I click on "Weiter" and then I become this: http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error2ud1.jpg

I have add my ImgBurn log as the Attachment.

I hope I have give enough informations and my English is not so bad, because I'm from Germany. :innocent:

Ive got Very similar Problems. Also read all the Forums and been working on this now for 2 weeks. First i was using platinum dvds untill i read i might aswell through em away and go for Verbatim. Which i now have Verbatim DL +R 2.4 speed and still im getting alot of problems. Its really annoying this L0 capacity stuff. Kind of losing hope for a solution :(

here is the log (tried the different speed thing also didnt work, btw on 2,4 speed same problems)

I 11:24:20 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:24:20 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:24:20 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,792 KB - Available: 975,904 KB

I 11:24:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:24:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:24:21 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Edited by GoodimGod

No, you got the 8x verbs. Get the proper 2.4x ones with the MKM-001-00 dye.

Notice yours are MKM-003-00.

I 11:27:42 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

Thanks for your quick reply, ill go to the store in a bit and pick some mkm-001-00 dye ones (if i can find them , last week i had to go past 6 stores to finaly find verbatim dl+ :( , i was so happy i finally got dual layer)

Btw i have burned, gears of war 2, fallout 3, fable 2, far cry 2, motogp08, fracture and two others. But since yesterday, my laptop just isnt doing it.

EDIT: LMAO its burning, this is so random with these MKM-003-00. Just put in a new one at put the speed at 8 (as u recognized it was 8 speed verbatim, nice1 ). I dont expect this has solved this issue as i have been able to burn game before. Guess the dvd wont work once u get the l0 capacity and with 003 u need to get lucky to burn sort of. Ill post the logg when its done

EDIT 2: LOG FILE;

I 11:59:20 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:59:20 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:59:20 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,792 KB - Available: 956,316 KB

I 11:59:20 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:59:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:59:20 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Edited by GoodimGod

I dont Get it. Why does only veratim 2,4 work (dont have em yet). Seems like all the other cd manufactures should go out of business, and that just doesnt make sense.

Cant understand how something can work prefectly fine, but later in time under the exact same circumstances fail 100% of the time. How can u make other cd's of so called lower quality also work ? or cds with higher speeds on them. Cant some1 build a better lens or burner or better software? Its doing my head in. Used to be alot more easy when things were alot more low quality compared to know (thinking of ps1 games )

The difference is consistency among standalone players and burners/firmware combination. The cheaper media work sometimes, but other times leave you scratching your head wondering why they worked last week and don't this week. Our suggestions are given to increase your probability of success more often.

Well i Bought the verbatim 2,4 speed and again same Problem. Dont think there is a big difference between verbatim 030 or 010. As when im at the office they (8x 030) work fine on the desktop and i can burn at max speed with no errors. No when i burn it on my sony vaio laptop 90% of the time i get a fail :( .

here is the log of the new dvd's with same error

I 17:53:48 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:53:48 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:53:48 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,792 KB - Available: 918,284 KB

I 17:53:48 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:53:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:53:48 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.