hl dt st 4083B

kvesy

hey guys, need some help, i usualy use verbatim discs but the last pack i bought burnt fine but the 360 just simply wont read them, its the usual ones but those who ait working is the 5-pack colored discs.. anyway thats not why i need help, i got a hold of a 25pack real cheap dvd+r dl

Hi and welcome to the forum, kvesy! :)

I doubt you will get lucky with that brand. The writer seems to old to deal with newer media codes.

If it's a HP computer there is a later firmware to install.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...ntable=yes&

If you update it:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

Hi and welcome to the forum, kvesy! :)

I doubt you will get lucky with that brand. The writer seems to old to deal with newer media codes.

If it's a HP computer there is a later firmware to install.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...ntable=yes&

If you update it:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

hey and thanks alot, its not a hp computer i assembeled it myself from diffrent parts...

how do i update , and do you know why the colored 8x verbatim discs dosent work for my 360?

No idea then if the 1.19 version will work with that writer. Maybe it was once in a HP computer. Perhaps time to get a new one. These days they are really cheap.

Here is how to install it - the most complicated way I have ever seen...

This update program requires either a blank floppy diskette or a blank CD-R disc.

1. Download the update program.

2. Close all applications and remove any discs from the PC optical drives (CD or DVD).

3. Double-click the icon for the update file downloaded in step 1, and then click NEXT.

4. Accept the terms in the HP license agreement, and then click NEXT.

5. Go to the next step for the type of media you are using, either a blank floppy diskette or a blank CD-R disc.

To continue the update using a blank floppy diskette:

6. In the "HLDS GWA-4083B ...." window, select Floppy Diskette and then click OK.

7. Insert the blank floppy diskette and click OK in the "HLDS GWA-4083B ...." window.

8. Wait a few minutes for the program to make the Firmware Update diskette.

9. Leave the floppy diskette in the floppy drive and click OK to restart the PC.

10. Follow the onscreen instructions. Be sure to read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions will damage the drive.

11. After the update is complete, remove the floppy diskette from the floppy drive and restart the PC.

To continue the update using a blank CD-R disc:

6. In the "HLDS GWA-4083B ...." window, select CD Disc and then click OK.

7. Click OK in the "HLDS GWA-4083B ...." window.

8. To continue with the remaining update steps, go below to the appropriate instructions for the CD recording software you are going to use.

A 360 is for me a car model, so I have no idea. I guess others know better than me why the Verbatims doesn't work.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.