FIX VTS SECTOR FAILED

hmntr

Ok, so I have read the three posts from last year when others had encountered this problem, but I wanted to ask about it because the answers that I had read did not seem to be very illuminating...

I had used an older, and now unsupported, piece of software to rip just the main movie from my DVD (The Covenant). I got one IFO and four VOB files. Further, I have an encoded audio stream (aif) and an extracted audio stream (ac3) outside of the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders in the folder which I had extracted the files to.

With the five files (one IFO & four VOB files) in the folder it looks like it is 3.36 GBs in size. Then, when I go out to the AIF file, that is the same exact size as the complete VIDEO_TS folder, making for a total of package size of 6.79 GBs (with the AC3 file).

When I tried to burn this movie with ImgBurn I encountered the FIX VTS error, and received the same error as most others, which states that ImgBurn could not find the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, and even when I renamed the solitary IFO file to reflect this change ImgBurn gives me the error of COULD NOT FIND VIDEO_TS.BUP, so I copy the IFO file and rename the extension to .BUP, and then go back and hit calculate again, and then it does not give me any error, it just says FIXING VTS SECTOR...

Now what i would like to ask is how long does that process normally take to complete, because it's progress is still 0% after 30 minutes...? :unsure:

Also, I was wondering, with regards to the AC3 and the AIF files...would I have to convert one or both of those files to MP3 before being able to burn them as music with ImgBurn, or can ImgBurn understand that I would like to burn one of these files to just listen to it in my mobile CD Player at work?

Anyways, thanks for any assistance and/or responses once more...:D

HmNtr

it is now all most eight hours later and for some reason the fixing vts sectors is still at 0%...strange...the files play fine on the computer, so I wonder what it is that makes the fixing vts sectors hang like that....

Would ImgBurn have a log of what it thinks the problem is and why it has hung for so long on this, or do you think this could be a bug that needs fixing? Regardless, I have to cancel it instead of seeing if it does anything so that I can pack up my laptop for work...

Thanks Lightning, as always you're the best and I thank you very much for your quick response.

HmNtr

Going by what you've told us about the files present in the folder, it's an incomplete set of IFO/VOB/BUP files.

You can't just take certain ones and expect it to work, the disc must be authored properly. The fact that the raw VOB files will play doesn't mean anything.

The only logging is put into the log window.

Hey Lightning,

I had checked the log as we have all mentioned, but the last thing that is in there is from last week, so it seems that even when something is started and then canceled, it does not appear in the log...is this a correct assumption?

Now isn't the BUP file an identical backup of the IFO file? I thought I had read that some where...

Thanks again for the quick reply Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

HmNtr

Yes, you can re-create the .bup file by coping the .ifo file.

What you need is one VIDEO_TS.IFO file (and the .bup file) + VTS_01_0.IFO file (and the .bup file) if you have one VTS (~title) in your DVD project) so something is not OK in your project.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.