Burning DL DVD from Image File (ISO)

captainvideo

Hi:

I am new to this forum having just downloaded ImgBurn yesterday.

I have been using DVD Fab Platinum 5 to clone some of my DVDs for archiving purposes. Instead of burning directly to a DVD+R DL, I prefer to store these clones on my hard drive as Image Files (.ISO).

But I found lately that DVDFabs default burner (VSO) was giving me some problems when using their Write Data function, so I decided to try ImgBurn and have been very successful so far.

Question: The ISO created via Clone already contains the layer break information. What I would like to know is if there is a way to make the layer break seemless?

I have seen an option in ImgBurn about seamless layer changes but cannot understand whether that applies to my situation.

Maybe someone here who is more experienced with ImgBurn can clarify this for me.

Thank You.

Hi and welcome to the forum, captainvideo! :)

You need to unpack the ISO and then use the build mode to get a new ISO with the seamless flag set.

www.7-zip.org (free) can be used to unpack the ISO.

You also need to know if your stand alone player supports seamless playback.

Hi and welcome to the forum, captainvideo! :)

You need to unpack the ISO and then use the build mode to get a new ISO with the seamless flag set.

www.7-zip.org (free) can be used to unpack the ISO.

You also need to know if your stand alone player supports seamless playback.

Thanks Cynthia for the reply. My Panasonic DVD Player was purchased a couple of years ago and plays +-R and +-RW as well as RAM with no problems. I'll only be able to tell whether it supports seamless playback by experimentation.

So I'll follow your suggestion to unpack the ISO. Only thing is that I am very new to ImgBurn and am not familiar with the Build mode. Could you please give me a quick outline of what steps I should follow once I've unpacked the ISO?

Thanks.

Thanks, I checked it out. I guess the same procedure would hold if I want to write back to an ISO rather than to a DVD.

The only thing it did not explain was the check box labeled "seemless". Please explain it to me as well as the meaning of SPLIP. In the example, five of the layer brakes have a value of "Yes" while one has a value of "No". Does "Yes" mean the layer break will be seamless?

I guess the same procedure would hold if I want to write back to an ISO rather than to a DVD.

Yes.

The only thing it did not explain was the check box labeled "seemless". Please explain it to me as well as the meaning of SPLIP. In the example, five of the layer brakes have a value of "Yes" while one has a value of "No". Does "Yes" mean the layer break will be seamless?

The one with the 'No' is most certain the original layer break. If you want the 'No' to be seamless - you need to check mark the box 'Semless' in the option part of the layer-break window.

Cynthia and MMALVES:

Thank you both for your replies and it appears to have worked the way I wanted it to.

I used 7-zip.exe to unpack the ISO into a VIDEO_TS folder. Then I opened up ImgBurn and decided to Build directly to DVD+R DL.

Since I knew where the original layer break was, I decided to keep it but I checked the "Seemless" box. The burning, finalizing, and verification went as smooth as silk.

I then brought the DVD downstairs and tried it in both my stand-alone DVD players. In both of them, it went through the layer change seemlessly where on my previous Clone, there was a slight pause.

I will view the entire DVD to make sure everything is ok. Will report back if there are any problems.

Again, Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.