Electrical stuff & general convo

Shamus_McFartfinger

I?ve finally managed to get a few things done around my house in the past week. Air conditioning installed yesterday (it?s now 25C in the ?puta room instead of the usual 45C+) and I got the mains power board upgraded last week with Clipsal safety switches which replaced the old fuse box. Next week a seperate circut goes on the mains board for my little computer room complete with an industrial surge protector. After that, the sparky (electrician) is going to install another 2 dozen (24) power outlets so I can plug in all my crap without burning down the house - (which is a good thing.)

It?ll be nice not to have to underclock my PCs for 6 months of the year. It?ll also be nice not to have to replace cooked cards and harddrives every year. Since October I?ve cooked 4 harddrives, 1 SCSI card, 2 network cards, 1 video card, 1 PSU and 1 motherboard. :(

I just thank the lord my nephew decide to be an electrician not a plumber!! My house was very unsafe until he sorted out my bodge job wiring! He damn near pissed himself when he saw how I had wired up my garage!!! :o

Shamus, see if your electrical guy might be able to put a capacitor on the dedicated line to your puter room. I had this done and supposedly it protects against power surges and brown outs, by maintaining a constant, steady amperage. Just a thought mate, to go along with the other protection you probaly have everything plugged into. :lol:

Shamus, see if your electrical guy might be able to put a capacitor on the dedicated line to your puter room. I had this done and supposedly it protects against power surges and brown outs, by maintaining a constant, steady amperage. Just a thought mate, to go along with the other protection you probaly have everything plugged into. :lol:

Not a bad idea, mate. I know nothing about electrical thingies so I?ll ask. The surge protector thingy going on the dedicated circut thingy should be good though. The fuse thingies for the circut thingies are $80 each time they blow. :/

I just thank the lord my nephew decide to be an electrician not a plumber!! My house was very unsafe until he sorted out my bodge job wiring! He damn near pissed himself when he saw how I had wired up my garage!!! :o

LOL!! That?s why you don?t do your own electrical work unless you?re qualified.. :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.