automatic erase

provobis

As a newbie with ImgBurn and burning in general I'm not sure I fully understand the steps in the software. I don't have trouble burning a DVD. In fact using DVD Flick the ImgBurn software comes up by itself and I've used the default settings so far. ImgBurn does a superior job and I'm very satisfied in general but have one question to minimize time to complete the burn.

I notice that there is a default automatic (full) erase, even for virgin DVD's which I have set DVD flick NOT to erase if not needed, because the erase step substantially increases the write time. I've looked at write settings in Imgburn and do not find an option to disable the erase (either full or quick or both). In the forums I do not see this issue covered.

Or do I not understand that the DVD must be erased because of software design? If not, where can I disable the automatic erase step in write settings or elsewhere for disks that do not need to be erased? :unsure:

For CD-RW and DVD-RW media a quick erase must be performed prior to burning (if this is needed ImgBurn will ask you at the time of burning).

For DVD+RW media, if it's brand new it needs to be formatted (Full Erase) at least once. After that you can simply overwrite it (no need to quick erase). Other burning programs may mess with the 'Formatted: Yes' status of the media, and this is why ImgBurn is asking you to format the disc again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.