Device Not Ready

-neo-

Hi

Today I burned 4-5 DVD+Rs and all was working fine. But suddenly ImgBurn tells me "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)". And I am using the exact same media as before when it worked. Have of course tested with several new discs just to be sure that the first disc was not working due to manufacturing issues. But same problem. Even tested with a DVD-RW and a DVD+RW disc. Same problem.

Had version 2.3.2.0 and upgraded to latest 2.4.2.0 but still same problem.

I don't know if you are helped with the log but here it is:

"I 17:42:44 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:42:44 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 17:42:44 Total Physical Memory: 1

Does it recognise burned/pressed discs? Please post the log from the latest burn you've done (Help menu -> ImgBurn Logs).

I didn't know that ImgBurn saved all logs. Ok here it is. It seems to be some kind of Power Calibration Error. How do I solve this?

I 15:37:06 Operation Started!

I 15:37:06 Source File: G:\[burn]\movie.img

I 15:37:06 Source File Sectors: 2

I 15:37:06 Destination Device: [4:1:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A 1-01 (D:) (SCSI)

I 15:37:06 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-R03-02) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

I 15:37:06 Write Speed: MAX

There's firmware 1.04 (AD-7173 P-ATA in that page) available for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it has finished. You might also want to try the other available burning speeds.

If it still doesn't work, try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks :thumbup:

I 15:37:06 Destination Device: [4:1:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A 1-01 (D:) (SCSI)

I 15:37:06 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-R03-02) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

I 15:37:06 Write Speed: MAX

There's firmware 1.04 (AD-7173 P-ATA in that page) available for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it has finished. You might also want to try the other available burning speeds.

If it still doesn't work, try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks :thumbup:

Im really thankful for your advice.

I downloaded the firmware and tried to update but it says Update Failed and no other helping info. I didn't have any medium in the drive and had previously rebooted so no other application was running when I tried to flash the drive.

You don't think that maybe I should try with the S-ATA firmware instead?

I could of course try with Verbatim media etc but I also tried burned DVDs and pressed music-CDs and they dont work either.

-neo-

Try updating in safemode or something.

Maybe a dodgy driver is messing things up and preventing it from working.

If the drive is an SATA one, yes you should be using the SATA firmware.... but it shouldn't be because that would then make it a 7173S.

Which controller is the drive plugged into? (or which motherboard do you have?)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.