Verifying sectors keeps hanging

Pollewopske

Hey there...

Thanks in advance for just reading this topic.

I have a little question. When I'm trying to burn some ISO's on DL dvd's, every time imgburn stops doing a thing when it's about to verify the sectors. It just says: "Verifying sectors" and the transfer rate is 0 kb/s. My whole system is dead after that. Nothing responds. When I reboot, everything is just fine, except when I burn the same or a different ISO. Then the "Verifying sectors problem" occurs again. I did burn a ISO that worked just fine. But the funny thing is that if I try the failed disc, it just works fine. For now, I didn't check it 100%, but it works.

Is this a common problem or is it just me? Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

I'm currently using a Samsung DL writer, and Imation DL discs. I know Verbatim is the best, but that's not what they had in store today. Now I'm just wondering.. Is this all because of Imation, and can Verbatim solve this problem, or is it something else?

I hope I'm a bit understandable and I'll excuse for my bad English.

Again, thanks in advance. I hope anyone can clear things up for me.

Greetings

If you mean if it's IDE or SATA, then it's IDE.

This is a copy of the Filter Driver Load Order:

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: redbook

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys

File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)

File Description: Redbook Audio Filter-stuurprogramma

Product Name: Besturingssysteem Microsoft

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. I'm using a Nvidia controller.

I just burned a dvd without the verifying option turned off, and then it's just fine. IMGburn lets me hear the cute melody, and the dvd seems to work just fine. Pretty strange but it does the trick. Is verifying really needed or just some extra option for not failing your burning?

Verify is a step that we highly recommend. It does a 1-1 comparison of the data and assures that you have a good burn. Most of the stand alone dvd players are somewhat forgiving when it comes to data stream errors because their logarythems are built to 'fudge in' missing data whereas your optical drive in the computer cannot be since it has to follow the logic intrinsically applicable to your system.

Thanks alot for your reply!

Well, I'll see what I can do regarding the verifying problem. I tried it some more times, but it really doesnt work for me. It probably has something to do with my darn computer, so nothing you guys can fix.

Thanks alot for all the replys!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.