Dual Layer Burning Problem

kornnutcase

Hello,

I have just started experiencing a problem with image burn when burning dual layers and was hoping someone could offer some help or advice. I have been using the application for a while now without any problems. I found a problem last night on 2 out of 2 burns where the image burns but at around 92-96% image burn stops writing to the disc even though it has not completed. The disc is then unreadable. I have been doing the same for a a while and has always worked but the other day I fitted a new processor, would this have anything to do with the problem?

Thank you

Edited by kornnutcase

I have checked the logs but there has been no log made for the failed writes. I have just tried buring another couple of discs but with the same problem. This time it failed at 50% complete the burning just stops and stays there. I click on cancel and leave it for around an hour but nothing happens, at this point I am unable to load any other applications although task manager opens and shows no major activity on the memory or cpu. I am forced to restart my machine for the machine istelf and because of this no log is created :(. This is so weird because it was working great is there a posiablity the change of CPU could have an effect on this?

Thank you

more than likely its the actual brand of discs you used ,or more specific, the dye/ink on them , but without a log file we are just guessing.

What brand of discs are your dual layer ones ? and what write speeds are shown on them or the packaging ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.