Question about Image Burning

SnooSnoo

Hi SnooSnoo and welcome to the forum.

Had you used the search function...or read the guides that are provided for your ease of use with this program... you would have found the following under the guide so skillfully written by :thumbup: Cynthia:

"Select MDS File Not ISO

This will tell you to select the MDS file rather than the ISO file when you select an ISO file for burning and its MDS file exists.

In most cases you should select the .ISO file when you want to burn the image. In some cases there is the need to select the .MDS file instead:

Your hard disk is not NTFS formatted

As Windows 98 and some other older Windows versions are based on the FAT 32 file system (and a lot of people still use this even under Windows XP) which cannot handle files larger than 4 GB and ISO files containing movie data usually are larger than 4 GB, the created ISO is split on such systems into a multi part or segmented ISO which consists of several 1 GB files with an enumerated extension like .i01, .i02 and a .mds file of a few bytes which holds info on the parts.

You are going to burn to a DL disc

MDS is just a file that is generated along with the ISO file when making a 1:1 copy or creating an ISO file on your hard drive. It just basically tells your burner where to put the layer break for dual layer burning."

Hi SnooSnoo and welcome to the forum.

Had you used the search function...or read the guides that are provided for your ease of use with this program... you would have found the following under the guide so skillfully written by :thumbup: Cynthia:

"Select MDS File Not ISO

This will tell you to select the MDS file rather than the ISO file when you select an ISO file for burning and its MDS file exists.

In most cases you should select the .ISO file when you want to burn the image. In some cases there is the need to select the .MDS file instead:

Your hard disk is not NTFS formatted

As Windows 98 and some other older Windows versions are based on the FAT 32 file system (and a lot of people still use this even under Windows XP) which cannot handle files larger than 4 GB and ISO files containing movie data usually are larger than 4 GB, the created ISO is split on such systems into a multi part or segmented ISO which consists of several 1 GB files with an enumerated extension like .i01, .i02 and a .mds file of a few bytes which holds info on the parts.

You are going to burn to a DL disc

MDS is just a file that is generated along with the ISO file when making a 1:1 copy or creating an ISO file on your hard drive. It just basically tells your burner where to put the layer break for dual layer burning."

I see. Thank you very much. Actually, my hard disk is NTFS formatted. I got the game image file through *cough*magical pixies over the intertubes*cough*

Sorry about not using the Search function though. I wasn't sure what keywords to enter into the Search =|

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.