Can't burn Dual Layers - Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity - help

idandr

Hi,

I'm trying to burn dual layers (xbox games) but I keep on getting errors. I'm using the right kind of Verbatim disks.

I read many support forums searching for a fix and re-installed Vista and still got the same problem. tried again and again and succeeded in the 5th try (there went 4 disks...), but now when I try to burn another I keep getting the error message no matter what I do. I don't think it's a hardware problem because I can burn any other disks (not DL) just fine, and succeeded one time only to burn a DL.

Please help, I'm stumped....

many thanks!

Idan

here is the log:

I 00:44:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:44:30 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 00:44:30 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,780 KB - Available: 1,243,032 KB

I 00:44:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:44:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:44:30 Found 1 DVD

Finally, Problem Solved.

PPL trying to burn Xbox games please read I think this might help.

Thanks for trying to help, but I am using Verbatim disks so it wasn't related to low quality disks.

However, last night I did manage to find a workaround and finally burn an XBOX 360 game. I'm not sure but I think this will work for many users who get the "failed to set datazone capacity" error.

What I did was this - I've read numerous xbox burning guides, all of them said to change the setting in imgburn-tools-settings:write options Layer Break to User Specified 1913760. All of the guides also said to choose the .DVD file for burning and not the .ISO file.

I opened the .DVD file and noticed that the only thing that it contains except for the iso file name is the Layer Break number of 1913760. So, I changed the setting in IMGBURN back to "Calculate Optimal". I then chose the .DVD file and told it to burn it, it gave me the same "failed to set...." error, I told it to continue, and voila - it continued without any problem and burned the game ( which works flawlessly).

I did it again with a different game and the same story - if the write setting is on "User Specified 1913760" I get the error (first time says "reason:write error" second time says "reason: Invalid Field in Parameter List"), if I change it to "Calculate Optimal" I get the error "failed to set......reason: Invalid Field in Parameter List", I click continue, and then it burns the disk, and the game works.

Hope this helps...enjoy :)

Idan

None of that makes any difference.

The bottom line is that your drive shouldn't be returning 'Write Error' status codes when setting the layer break.

The post you were linked to said MKM-001-00 works better in more drives. Seeing as yours is erroring out with MKM-003-00 (even if they are still Verbatim!) means the info in that topic still applies to you.

You might find that your drive is better at burning MKM-003-00 if you select a faster speed. 2.4x might not be the optimal one on that drive, it might be 4x or 6x. So basically, experiment with it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.