worked fine 10 times then crc error ultra dma 32???

palerider77

iv'e been using dvdflick just fine and encoding still goes along fine but after that when it goes to imgburn to burn to dvd like it always has just fine now i get logical unit crc error ultra dma 32? i read about uninstalling the controllers i was gonna post a screen shot but as i can see theres only a lame 1mb upload so i guess i'll have to type it out.

i have

ata channel 0

ata channel 1 {both of which have no ports in properties tab}

x3 nvidia nforce serial ata controllers the first one has the port 0 and port 1 greyed out it says no device

the 2nd one says port 0 disk drive st3750330as {transfer mode, dma mode is checked also ck'ed let bios select and enable command queuing} also there is a speed test i click it and i get this"theoretical limit 300.0,burst speed 83.7,sustained speed 108.3" and in port 1 says the same but the enabled command is not ck'ed

3rd port 0 says no device and port 1 says same as last but the command thing is not ck'ed

last is the standard dual channel pci ide controller looks the same as the ata ones do no ports.

i have uninstalled all of these and rebooted and it has not fixed anything.

my ? is how can everything work fine then all the sudden it don't and then i see in other posts people say it's not imgburn but the person's computer? how can u tell how can it work fine then all the sudden not? do the controllers randomly change when ever they feel like it or something??

is there anything i can change myself in the ports or sumthing? i see a pio mode in the ports what is that??

my system is more than enough for this to work as it worked 10 times b4 it messed up my system specs are

780i board

x2 8800gtoc's x sli mode on

q9450 cpu quad

vista 64bit

8gigs ddr2

2x liteon dvdrw multi burners

lame would be having a picture that's 1mb in size!

Use jpeg or png and it'll be much smaller than that.

Can you post a copy/portion of the log from your latest burn attempt please, it's much better than you trying to explain what you're seeing.

If you've already done the uninstalling of controllers, look for updated drivers and replace the cable going to your drive.

lame would be having a picture that's 1mb in size!

Use jpeg or png and it'll be much smaller than that.

Can you post a copy/portion of the log from your latest burn attempt please, it's much better than you trying to explain what you're seeing.

If you've already done the uninstalling of controllers, look for updated drivers and replace the cable going to your drive.

let me ask u this where my cable is hooked up for both of my drives there hooked to 4 and 5 not the first ones would that cause any problems? and if it is the cable then why would it have ever worked in the first place?

as far as the pic i just made a screen shot and saved it to word pad is there a better way?

Are they sata drives?

Do you know which controller chip is actually used for the ports the drives are connected to?

Maybe it's a jmicron one if the nvidia chipset doesn't actually handle all 6 ports.

Incase it is, get the latest driver from here: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/

yes sata link don't work i'll try typing it in

Wow, all this time and I never knew that FTP links were being messed up by the board's URL parsing!

I've fixed it now, thanks!

ok update i took the cable and hooked it into another open sata slot "from sata 5 to sata 1" on the mobo turned it back on windows says installing new drivers rebooted and now it works again.im still stumped as to why it worked fine then just stopped?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.