Empty VIDEO_TS folder!

davtirluthier

Hi guys,

I have tried to search for an answer to no avail, so maybe someone can help me out?

I am trying to follow the guides for 1) Burning DVD Video files directly to double layer media with ImgBurn

and 2) Creating a single layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn

the problem is that when I browse for the folder (VIDEO_TS) and select it, or it's parent folder (DVD_01_1), ImgBurn only finds and subsequently burns the folders, not finding/recognising the .vob file contained therin.

I'm not really familiar with burning DVD's, but need to get this done for work, so if you can help, I'd appreciate it.

Some background:

The .vob file is the result of converting a Flash created projector file (.exe) in order to play it on a standard DVD player.

The origional .exe file size was 1.77MB and the .vob file is now 40MB.

The .vob file plays perfectly within my media players.

The VIDEO_TS folder contains only one file, the .vob.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Dav.

Thanks for the promt reply!

No to the first question, the only option ticked is 'recurse subdirectories'.

As to the second part, have you any idea how I go about creating the missing files? This may well be why ImgBurn doesn't see the .vob file.

Thanks for your help,

Dav.

It might not see it if it doesn't have the proper name.

The VIDEO_TS folder is only allowed to have files with a certain format name in them. i.e. VIDEO_TS.*, VTS_XX_X.*.

As per the default settings, ImgBurn will ignore any that don't fit with that naming scheme.

You can probably use DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD to make the full set of IFO/BUP/VOB files using that VOB as the source.

Or you can tell IfoEdit to make some IFO's for it.

But without VIDEO_TS.IFO / BUP and VTS_01_X.* there's no point in burning it.

Hi again, and thank you very much for clarifying everthing for me.

Basically I needed a conversion program that would create the dvd directly from my origional file, not simply a .vob file on it's own, and I found a great little free program by Sothink here.

http://www.sothinkmedia.com/movie-dvd-maker/

It was extremely quick and direct to DVD, now I can use my ImgBurn to do multiple copies.

Thanks again, problem solved, happy days.

Dav.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.